I can appreciate that if one is loyal to an app, then one would want to use it to the exclusion of other albeit better apps. I had a Kobo touch and wanted the functionality of Kobo app on the PlayBook. Luckily bar for Kobo android App is now available and you can Sideload epubs into it.

More details at griffinandsage.blogspot.com
    03-03-12 05:44 PM
    Hello..

So i got a Playbook for Christmas and i seen that kobo was on there so i been looking around trying to find out how i can transfer downloaded kobo books .mobi files ... onto my playbook so i can use them in kobo or even epub reader ( i have it but havent used it ) im not sure where to get epub books either or id try to find my downloaded books for it...

thanks
    If you've downloaded Kobo books on your computer and are just looking to get them on your Playbook, you should be able to download them again through Kobo. Open Kobo and go to the store. You should see your already purchased books there. Just re-download them.
    03-03-12 06:01 PM
    I dragged and dropped using My File Manager and the Book Reader apps from my Kindle file folder on my PC.

I don't know how to take DRM off, so if anyone knows....
    03-04-12 03:31 AM
    I dragged and dropped using My File Manager and the Book Reader apps from my Kindle file folder on my PC.

I don't know how to take DRM off, so if anyone knows....
    Well, first Kobo, won;t read books you copy to your pb. Google "apprentice alf" if he's still around. And there are other tools for removing drm from books. The Kindle Android will work if you use Calibre (google) to convert them to mobi or prc formats.
    03-04-12 09:43 AM
    Well, first Kobo, won;t read books you copy to your pb. Google "apprentice alf" if he's still around. And there are other tools for removing drm from books. The Kindle Android will work if you use Calibre (google) to convert them to mobi or prc formats.
    I didn't say I was using Kobo I was asking how to remove DRM, I will check out Alf, thanks...
    03-04-12 09:51 AM
    Great I have books in .mobi stored on my computer, but how in the heck do I get them on the PB so that I can read them???!!!

I plug the PB in to the computer but it doesn't show up anywhere as a drive, ie. E: or Z: etc.
    03-20-12 10:51 PM
    Does it show up in YOUR NETWORK under My computer, depending on your view, in the Left Column there would be a line NETWORK. That might lead to your pb.

Do you have wifi-sharing ON? Using usb, you don't see if with a cable?

Did you install Desktop Manager (I think you can get the drivers another way but I'm not sure).
    03-20-12 11:50 PM
    Yes it shows in the Network as: Playbook-2847
    with these two folders: Certs and Media

Where do I 'drop' my .mobi files so that either the kindle app or kobo app will read them???
    03-20-12 11:57 PM
    found the folder I needed: media>misc>android>kindle

works like a charm now I just need to know which file showed up in the kindle app, the .mobi or the .epub file! :/
    03-21-12 12:03 AM
    I don't know of the Kindle app can read epub (I doubt it). It will read prc files. I moved a pdf in there and it did NOT show up.

If you have epub, you could try converting with Calibre. There's also an epub reader folks seem to like for, I think, 99cents.
    03-21-12 09:00 AM
    I don't know of the Kindle app can read epub (I doubt it). It will read prc files. I moved a pdf in there and it did NOT show up.

If you have epub, you could try converting with Calibre. There's also an epub reader folks seem to like for, I think, 99cents.
    03-21-12 09:00 AM
    edit: wrong place :/ ignore this
    03-21-12 09:04 AM
    It plays other formats
    11-15-12 09:49 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD