Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70
Like Tree19Likes
  1. adadadad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    #51  

    Default Re: BB PlayBook for BB10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_CB View Post
    I understand your point. If I want a calculator on my phone and the new Blackberry doesn't have it then I would look for a phone that does.
    Do you have Skype on your current phone?
    why so concerned about me??? If I want to use my phone as a car, and if it isn't worth it, I will look for something else. I think now you understood it better....
  2. masqueofhastur's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #52  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    My theory is that Netflix is like backwards compatibility with game consoles ... its a legitimate selling point at purchase, but gets very little use once the console is home.
    Yep, like the Android player on the PlayBook.
  3. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,171 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,172 Global Posts
    #53  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adadadad View Post
    why so concerned about me??? If I want to use my phone as a car, and if it isn't worth it, I will look for something else. I think now you understood it better....
    Did you read my post or just assume something?
    I said that I did understand your point.

    The only question I had is; do you have Skype on your current phone?
    Nexus 4, 9800 (Torch), Playbook
  4. adadadad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    #54  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_CB View Post
    Did you read my post or just assume something?
    I said that I did understand your point.

    The only question I had is; do you have Skype on your current phone?
    Sorry for what i said.... Perhaps, I understood your post differently. I apologize to you. Thanks! atleast someone (among mostly biased) understood my point (if you really did). Back to your question- Yes, i do have SKYPE on my current nokia phone. But the phone itself doesn't have a front cam. I'm looking for a skype capable phone. I was going to buy a new phone. I can hold off untill BB10 launch. But my point is, why should others decide for me, what i need and what i don't need? I never said that RIM will fail if they don't have the app. I just said that they will lose a few customes because of that. And its true, whether people over here admit to it or not. Who cares?
  5. adadadad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    #55  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masqueofhastur View Post
    Yep, like the Android player on the PlayBook.
    LOL..! Thats funny, but 100% true. They (not everyone in this forum) will never talk of android player, how pathetic it is. They just know, how to bash others.
  6. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,171 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,172 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default

    You still seem reluctant to believe that I understand your point.

    My wife has a Blackberry because I have a Blackberry and we wanted to use PIN messaging. Same idea.
    I didn't get her a Samsung because they can't PIN message with a Blackberry.

    I don't think RIM will lose many customers because of the lack of Skype but they may not gain any new ones.
    Every OS has their own thing. BB has BBM, iOS has Facetime...
    Nexus 4, 9800 (Torch), Playbook
  7. adadadad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    #57  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_CB View Post
    You still seem reluctant to believe that I understand your point.

    My wife has a Blackberry because I have a Blackberry and we wanted to use PIN messaging. Same idea.
    I didn't get her a Samsung because they can't PIN message with a Blackberry.

    I don't think RIM will lose many customers because of the lack of Skype but they may not gain any new ones.
    Every OS has their own thing. BB has BBM, iOS has Facetime...
    I just love blackberry products. I have a bold 9930, which i bought to enhance my playbook experience. It never dissappointed me. But i do miss a few apps (on bold as well as playbook) like Skype, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD (native ones). Out of those, SKYPE is a must have for me. My bottom line is- I am not a RIM hater. I'm quite sure, they will do well with BB10.
  8. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,914 Posts
    #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adadadad View Post
    I just love blackberry products. I have a bold 9930, which i bought to enhance my playbook experience. It never dissappointed me. But i do miss a few apps (on bold as well as playbook) like Skype, Opera Mobile, Dolphin HD (native ones). Out of those, SKYPE is a must have for me. My bottom line is- I am not a RIM hater. I'm quite sure, they will do well with BB10.
    Ok, Dolphin and Opera will not be native. At least for the time being, they will be Android ported apps. Not sure why you want native? Android apps run just fine on the Playbook as is. And I still find among many others, that the native browser on the playbook is better than Dolphin and opera. Every mobile browser be it blackberry, android or safari has checkerboarding. Go check out youtube and do browser comparisons and you will see that almost every browser does do this. And the Playbook has the highest HTML5 scores out still.
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
  9. adadadad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    284 Posts
    #59  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Ok, Dolphin and Opera will not be native. At least for the time being, they will be Android ported apps. Not sure why you want native? Android apps run just fine on the Playbook as is. And I still find among many others, that the native browser on the playbook is better than Dolphin and opera. Every mobile browser be it blackberry, android or safari has checkerboarding. Go check out youtube and do browser comparisons and you will see that almost every browser does do this. And the Playbook has the highest HTML5 scores out still.
    I'm the first one to admit that i really like playbook browser. But it has some serious issues. For an average user, performance matters. Its checkerboards like (most annoyed), it lags on javascript rich pages. Generally it works well. At times, it crashes a lot. It isnt a bad browser by any means. It just could have been better. But hey, are you serious? I have tested Opera Mobile and Dolphin HD on my Sister's Galaxy tab 2. No sign of checkerboards and butter like smoothness. And smocking fast indeed. Thats what i want. But hey, i don't want to start another argument with you. May be, playbook browser is the best for you, but surely not for me. Now, why i want Native apps over ported ones-- it is because, we have two ported apps 'Dolphin 7.2 and Maxthon'. I don't think i need to say, how badly they run (But the apps are not bad). They just crawl like an ant. And i have used native dolphin 7.2 on an android device. I was really satisfied. It was way better. Same goes for Maxthon, Boat.....
  10. PanaSama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    454 Posts
    #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuIcKsIlV3r View Post
    Do you use a home theater/stereo system? The playbook only outputs 2 channels via HDMI. I have my PS3 hooked up to my receiver and connected to my 7.1 sound system and select high quality on Netflix and I get DD 5.1 Sound. Where as the Playbook only and will only ever output 2.0 sound. So that doesn't make sense to me.... Take the extra 30 seconds to turn on the PS3 and get the pure 5.1 sound.
    I'd gladly sacrifice 5.1 sound for convenience, also if im at a friend's house or travelling, its way more easier to connect my PB to any HDTV than to carry my PS3 or laptop around, still like i said in my previous post this is not a deal breaker, but i could definitly find some use in having Netflix on a tablet.
  11. hreiner1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    333 Posts
    #61  

    Default

    no skype on my phone a BB 9730 from Tmobile USA
  12. hreiner1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    333 Posts
    #62  

    Default

    I think I will switch to a Windows 8 phone and Tablet next year when my phone contract ends in June 2013
    The RT tablet version sounds reasonable priced

    While I really like the size of the PB but I am getting tired of the workarounds I have to do to make a Skype call
    I travel with my laptop again, and leave it in the hotel room, during the day I just carry my PB
    The idea is to travel with the tablet only, he most important is my database in Outlook, but my BB 9780 does not have enough space for my 23,000 contacts
    So I sync them with a gmail email account and have it as a native email on my PB, but I can not see the native mail via the bridge, I need WIFI
    Like I said, a lot of workarounds
    at least with MS products I know I have one system
  13. fiatlux01's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #63  

    Default

    Trying to get back to the topic.
    I understand BB10 is quite close in design and technical base to the PB OS (QNX...).
    Hardware issues aside (battery life, WiFi/GPS sensitivity), I quite like the PB as it is and find its native apps (mail, contacts, browser) pretty mature and well thought off.
    What would be the main driver to upgrade, especially if one looses one's applications purchased through the AppWorld (incl. some nice EA games)? There are a lot of presentation of BB10 compared to the older phones OS, but I am not quite sure what will be radically different on the PlayBook.
  14. amjass12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,412 Posts
    #64  

    Default

    The dev alphas look like they are running bb10 fine!!...
  15. nightspark's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #65  

    Default

    I always read that it will be released after launch. They never specified when though. Wish they would have.
  16. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    943 Posts
    #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightspark View Post
    I always read that it will be released after launch. They never specified when though. Wish they would have.
    They leaked roadmap shows BB10 to PlayBook between Q1 and Q2.
  17. nightspark's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #67  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    They leaked roadmap shows BB10 to PlayBook between Q1 and Q2.
    Yeah, I know. There is a lot of time between Q1 and Q2. A specific day or week would have been great.
  18. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    943 Posts
    #68  

    Default

    Maybe they will tell us after the actual launch lol
  19. chris_t's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #69  

    Default

    Noob question: will BB10 on PB be compatible with 6.0/7.0/7.1 smartphones in term of internet sharing and bridge? That's one of the reasons I went for the PB in the first place.

    Cheers from Romania,
    Chris.
  20. joshua_sx1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,664 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,667 Global Posts
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris_t View Post
    Noob question: will BB10 on PB be compatible with 6.0/7.0/7.1 smartphones in term of internet sharing and bridge? That's one of the reasons I went for the PB in the first place.
    Most likely, it will not.. since OS6.0 / 7.0 / 7.1 were different platforms... how ironic, but, you bought your PB because of those old mobiles, while me, I bought Z10 because of BB's promises to roll out BB10 in PlayBook...

    And both of us has valid reasons... amazing, isn't?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. can you use same BB Id for 2 playbooks?
    By vgwillm in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
  2. BB Traffic for Playbook?
    By snowbird72 in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-25-2011, 12:31 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
  4. No New News Of BB Playbook Updates Or Anything For That Matter ???
    By ROB ROCKSTAR in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 09:49 AM
  5. No New News Of BB Playbook Updates Or Anything For That Matter ???
    By ROB ROCKSTAR in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions