They have said that we can expect that they have taking the appropriate steps to make sure it works well on the PlayBook. If you want something with more speed you can get the L series or the A series (omg) and finally just get a 4g PlayBook or wait until the next gen PlayBook is announced. Who knows it could be a lot sooner than we all think.
    could even be a surprise new playbook announced! who knows

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-27-12 06:38 AM
    Having 1 or both of these apps is not the make or break of the industry. No one NEEDS these apps, people think they do, and they have been conditioned to think that because apple and google offer them, that they are a need.
    I just said that I want these apps in BB10 phone. And did I say that these apps are make or break of the industry??? However it is a deal breaker for me. It may not be a deal breaker for everyone. from what I know and from what I have seen, it is a deal breaker for many others (like me). Again I'm not saying its a make or break of the industry. but RIM will loose a few customers for sure. And to those who think skype on BB10 isn't practical- perhaps they have never used it. Skype is very practical on a 4 inch mobile device. Those who use it will always ask for it..
    11-27-12 06:42 AM
    I just said that I want these apps in BB10 phone. And did I say that these apps are make or break of the industry??? However it is a deal breaker for me. It may not be a deal breaker for everyone. from what I know and from what I have seen, it is a deal breaker for many others (like me). Again I'm not saying its a make or break of the industry. but RIM will loose a few customers for sure. And to those who think skype on BB10 isn't practible- perhaps they have never used it. Skype is very practible on a 4 inch mobile device. Those who use it will always ask for it..
    11-27-12 06:43 AM
    I use skype every day... There is not a need for it though on my phone. Plus Skype will be the one of the day 1 apps... Don't get your panties in a bunch... But seriously, you don't need to be THAT connected. No one does.
    11-27-12 06:47 AM
    We get the importance of the app and needing it on BB10. Some people just don't want to hear about it on almost EVERY thread on the forums. I get it...its important to you and if its not on there, you won't buy a RIM product... I don't know about others, but my life won't change if YOU won't buy a BB...and yours won't change if I do.

It seems every thread there is someone like you trying to explain the importance....over and over....and over again.

The launch is Jan 30th...can we please have a moratorium on Skype/Netflix comments until then
    11-27-12 07:10 AM
    I WANT bb Traffic and Travel on pb. I do not NEED anything.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    11-27-12 07:27 AM
    We get the importance of the app and needing it on BB10. Some people just don't want to hear about it on almost EVERY thread on the forums. I get it...its important to you and if its not on there, you won't buy a RIM product... I don't know about others, but my life won't change if YOU won't buy a BB...and yours won't change if I do.

It seems every thread there is someone like you trying to explain the importance....over and over....and over again.

The launch is Jan 30th...can we please have a moratorium on Skype/Netflix comments until then
    that's what I said. I want skype on bb10phone and that's all I know. If its not there, if it doesn't fulfill my needs I will switch to something else. Someone doesn't want to understand that..
    11-27-12 07:34 AM
    that's what I said. I want skype on bb10phone and that's all I know. If its not there, if it doesn't fulfill my needs I will switch to something else. Someone doesn't want to understand that..
    We do...we get it. Thanks. I hope you're not as specific with every other purchase you make.

But thank you to all who bring up Skype/Netflix endlessly. We get it...now please stop bringing it up because Jan 30th doesn't come faster everytime someone says those words. Its not like RIM is going to release it early because "the people on Crackberry are REAALLY not goih to buy BB10 without it".

I'm going to start using the ignore button more.
    11-27-12 07:41 AM
    We do...we get it. Thanks. I hope you're not as specific with every other purchase you make.

But thank you to all who bring up Skype/Netflix endlessly. We get it...now please stop bringing it up because Jan 30th doesn't come faster everytime someone says those words. Its not like RIM is going to release it early because "the people on Crackberry are REAALLY not goih to buy BB10 without it".

I'm going to start using the ignore button more.
    Haha..! You sound a bit pissed off. Anyway, its none of my problem. For your kind information, you don't have to pay for a SKYPE app over any platform (can't say anything about appworld when it becomes available. Even a crap app has a price tag. let alone skype.) Just yo remind you, 'quicksilver' brought it up first, not me. Good luck
    11-27-12 07:50 AM
    Haha..! You sound a bit pissed off. Anyway, its none of my problem. For your kind information, you don't have to pay for a SKYPE app over any platform (can't say anything about appworld when it becomes available. Even a crap app has a price tag. let alone skype.) Just yo remind you, 'quicksilver' brought it up first, not me. Good luck
    We're just annoyed by people like you who bang their drums of "Oh i need this or I need that or else I'm not going to buy BB10" Well oh well. We don't need everything thread talking about Skype and Netflix. And you were the one that brought it up first. I was just simply responding to your post about needing those apps....

We know, Crackberry knows, RIM knows, people want the stupid god damn things.... People like me and Drmike who have been on the forums LONG enough, have heard enough over the past 1.5yrs about skype and netflix. I have information on good authority that Skype will indeed be included with BB10, as I have a best friend who works at RIM as a network engineer. And even until this past weekend, Skype is a go. But it is seriously not to be all and end all app that people make it out to be.

I use skype daily to communicate with my dad who lives on the other side of the country from me and I talk to my sister and my 1yr old niece at least once a week. And it is proven that no one needs to be connected to skype or anything else 24/7. Yes it more of a convenience on a tablet, but I still prefer my desktop to be on skype at home. And I use skype all day when I at work. My work contacts know if I'm not on skype and they absolutely need me, I can be reached on my phone via bbm/email/phone call/text msg. And a lot of my contacts are international, and there is nothing life or death that is required for anyone to be on skype at all times of the day. People just want it to say "I'm not home but you can reach me here" Why does the world have to be so damn connected now? Life will continue on if someone can't reach you 24/7 on Skype... What did people do pre internet? They picked up the phone and called someone. They wrote snail mail letters. They enjoyed life away from TV and being connected 24/7.
    11-27-12 08:13 AM
    Anyways back on track. BB10 will have a software update for FREE for the Playbook sometime Q1/Q2 2013 calendar year. Yes our current Playbooks will handle the BB10 OS just fine, as I have seen it working in the wild. A few developers have found a way to launch the BB10 OS onto the playbooks and runs fine except that BBM doesn't work currently on it. But BBM is native.
    11-27-12 08:16 AM
    Looking forward to that.
    11-27-12 08:19 AM
    IThere could be some situations in which you would really need Netflix on a tablet, but it's not really that practical.
    I would love to know how many people who have Netflix on a mobile device (especially a phone) actually use it on a regular basis? I have it on my iPhone and iPod but I've never done anything more than launch it on either. I have two Apple TVs, a television and a Wii that all play Netflix fine. But they are in the set top world, not mobile.

My theory is that Netflix is like backwards compatibility with game consoles ... its a legitimate selling point at purchase, but gets very little use once the console is home.
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    11-27-12 08:27 AM
    We're just annoyed by people like you who bang their drums of "Oh i need this or I need that or else I'm not going to buy BB10" Well oh well. We don't need everything thread talking about Skype and Netflix. And you were the one that brought it up first. I was just simply responding to your post about needing those apps....

We know, Crackberry knows, RIM knows, people want the stupid god damn things.... People like me and Drmike who have been on the forums LONG enough, have heard enough over the past 1.5yrs about skype and netflix. I have information on good authority that Skype will indeed be included with BB10, as I have a best friend who works at RIM as a network engineer. And even until this past weekend, Skype is a go. But it is seriously not to be all and end all app that people make it out to be.

I use skype daily to communicate with my dad who lives on the other side of the country from me and I talk to my sister and my 1yr old niece at least once a week. And it is proven that no one needs to be connected to skype or anything else 24/7. Yes it more of a convenience on a tablet, but I still prefer my desktop to be on skype at home. And I use skype all day when I at work. My work contacts know if I'm not on skype and they absolutely need me, I can be reached on my phone via bbm/email/phone call/text msg. And a lot of my contacts are international, and there is nothing life or death that is required for anyone to be on skype at all times of the day. People just want it to say "I'm not home but you can reach me here" Why does the world have to be so damn connected now? Life will continue on if someone can't reach you 24/7 on Skype... What did people do pre internet? They picked up the phone and called someone. They wrote snail mail letters. They enjoyed life away from TV and being connected 24/7.
    I think its always better to be selective with your words. And of course you were the one who brought it up. You went as far as creating a thread on this. If skype isn't that essential for you, you can just ignore it. I respect your opinion. Not everyone has similar interests. But if it is necessory for me, I'll always want to have it. Who are you to tell me, what is important for me and what not??? You have been on this forum for over 1.5 yrs and still you don't understand what different customers want. RIM made the same mistake. They thought that apps aren't that important. They didn't have a single cross platform video chat app. Heck, they didn't include even a native email, contacts, calender app. And the result is quite obvious. Playbook was a fail (of course there were more reasons). Apps make up a device and make your work easier. Still you don't want to understand that. Who cares??? Now, I'm quite sure RIM cares for that. They can't afford to ignore these things.
    11-27-12 09:21 AM
    Anyways back on track. BB10 will have a software update for FREE for the Playbook sometime Q1/Q2 2013 calendar year. Yes our current Playbooks will handle the BB10 OS just fine, as I have seen it working in the wild. A few developers have found a way to launch the BB10 OS onto the playbooks and runs fine except that BBM doesn't work currently on it. But BBM is native.
    I hope, it runs well on playbook. It will revive the playbook. but only time will tell.
    11-27-12 09:23 AM
    Having 1 or both of these apps is not the make or break of the industry. No one NEEDS these apps, people think they do, and they have been conditioned to think that because apple and google offer them, that they are a need.
    You are probably correct since about 70-80 million bb phone subscribers have managed till now!
    11-27-12 09:23 AM
    BB10 will have a software update for FREE for the Playbook sometime Q1/Q2 2013 calendar year.
    Six months waiting is not on my radar as a user.

I will probably be replacing my current Android tab by the successor of Jelly Bean by then. The playbook will still make a good internet radio though. Good speakers for the night, near the bed.
    11-27-12 09:39 AM
    Six months waiting is not on my radar as a user.

I will probably be replacing my current Android tab by the successor of Jelly Bean by then. The playbook will still make a good internet radio though. Good speakers for the night, near the bed.
    To each their own... But everything being speculated and even my friend won't tell me the launch time for BB10 PB update. So you're willing to give it up and move onto something else even if the BB10 OS update comes out 3 weeks into Q2 which (coincidently is right around the 2yr anniversary of the PB) is not long after ALL carriers should have BB10 phones launched....
    11-27-12 09:52 AM
    I don't care how carriers will launch BB10 phones.

I'm just a user and I have that embarrassing pb on a shelf. Too late to sell it at a good price now.
    11-27-12 10:14 AM

I'm just a user and I have that embarrassing pb on a shelf. Too late to sell it at a good price now.
    Well if it's so embarrassing, leave it on the shelf, log out of crackberry, and don't speak about it again....
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    11-27-12 10:26 AM

And all of this comes down to you being a troll, which is not tolerated on these forums. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    11-27-12 10:29 AM
    I would love to know how many people who have Netflix on a mobile device (especially a phone) actually use it on a regular basis? I have it on my iPhone and iPod but I've never done anything more than launch it on either. I have two Apple TVs, a television and a Wii that all play Netflix fine. But they are in the set top world, not mobile.

My theory is that Netflix is like backwards compatibility with game consoles ... its a legitimate selling point at purchase, but gets very little use once the console is home.
    I could definitely use Netflix on my PB, i use Netflix on my PS3 regulary but it would be nice to be able to connect my PB to my TV instead of having to turn on my PS3, its definitely not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to have it.
    11-27-12 11:16 AM
    I could definitely use Netflix on my PB, i use Netflix on my PS3 regulary but it would be nice to be able to connect my PB to my TV instead of having to turn on my PS3, its definitely not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice to have it.
    Do you use a home theater/stereo system? The playbook only outputs 2 channels via HDMI. I have my PS3 hooked up to my receiver and connected to my 7.1 sound system and select high quality on Netflix and I get DD 5.1 Sound. Where as the Playbook only and will only ever output 2.0 sound. So that doesn't make sense to me.... Take the extra 30 seconds to turn on the PS3 and get the pure 5.1 sound.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-27-12 11:21 AM
    I have my office number as a Skype out number, would be nice to get my phone calls when sitting in an airport or in a hotel lobby when abroad
    I presently forward my skype calls to a Comwave number
    And use my BB 9780 T-mobile USA in WIFI mode (UMA) to make my calls back to the US
    Than from my BB 9780 I call my my USVonage Gateway number to make international calls when abroad and I only pay for the regular Vonage charges, as T mobile uses my plan minutes,
    I hate to pay $ 2 to 3 per minutes using my cell phone abroad
    So plain Skype would be real nice for me
    11-27-12 02:57 PM
    I understand your point. If I want a calculator on my phone and the new Blackberry doesn't have it then I would look for a phone that does.
    Do you have Skype on your current phone?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    11-27-12 03:15 PM
70 123