- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Which BB phone to upgrade to for best results with my new BB PlayBook, I have an 8830
I currently have a great old BB 8830 WE that has been an OK phone except for a few reoccuring head aches. I am considering upgrading to a more recent model and would like to know which BB would be the BEST match for my new BB PlayBook2. I can not download the BBBridge on my phone to start with so think I need a newer model. I am not prepared to spend hundreds of ££ or $$ on a new phone.
Thanks in advance for any advice
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-13-2013, 05:31 PM #3
- 179 Posts
Dont get an OS5, get 6 or 7. BlackBerrys with OS5 are also too old. I use the Torch 9800 and it handles Bridge really good, and that phone is old compared to the Bold 9900 which is the best! It's really important that the phone you get uses a 3G or 4G data connection because that way you will get the most out of the Bridge Internet navigation.Sent from my spectacular PlayBook!!
- CrackBerry Genius
01-13-2013, 07:21 PM #7
- 2,142 Posts
With BB10 coming soon, there should be quite a few Bold's and Torches for sale. I suggest patience and get a good Bold 99xx or Torch 98xx. Good luck and please post back with what you find and your experience with it.BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
- 01-13-2013, 07:51 PM #9
- 01-14-2013, 03:02 AM #10Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
- CrackBerry User
01-14-2013, 11:47 AM #11
- 17 Posts
I have the 9850 and have been greatly impressed with the bridge and the Playbook. It was so ridiculously easy to set up and it is seamless. I only have 3g and it is plenty fast for me. No Netflix is my one and only complaint with this device after 3 weeks with it. We also have a Kindle Fire HD and the UI on the PB is light years better, the Fire UI feels like a beta.
- By ashen6692 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM
- By bb_jbt in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:53 AM
- By nightdreamor in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 11-01-2008, 12:14 AM
- By biglo in forum IntroductionsReplies: 19Last Post: 03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
- By nutritional in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2008, 12:04 AM