Hi allo

I have a issue with they keyboard when typing that the cursur will jump away from the spot i am typing.

I have tried to type this post 3 times because it jumps all over.

Very frustrating

Any suggestions?
    02-24-13 06:28 AM
    I thought the same thing when I got mine.....soon realized that the touch pad is EXTREMELY sensitive..if you just brush a finger or part of your hand on it while typing it affects the cursor. Watch your typing form /hand positions and the problem goes away! Enjoy the keyboard, I always find different things that it can do....best keyboard for the playbook!
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-24-13 07:16 AM
    I'll second that advice and observation. It's a learned skill that even after a year I haven't learned all that well, but it is just a matter of keeping your hands away from the touchpad while you're typing.
    02-24-13 09:20 AM
    I'll third that. I had this all the time when I started using it, but over time as I trained my hand position etc. it has mostly gone away.
    02-24-13 10:26 AM
    I'm not so sure about the sensitivity of the trackpad as opposed to flawed keyboards. This is because I have two mini keyboards and the first one did exactly what the OP's is doing, and my fingers/hands were nowhere near the trackpad; the jumping around made the keyboard unproductive & useless. During typing, the cursor most commonly jumped to where the track pad pointer was last positioned before it 'faded' out to standby. I had some success with moving the pointer off the screen, usually putting it in the bottom right corner bezel. Then I got another mini keyboard during the Xmas boxing week sales and it works perfectly; no skips, jumps, flips, etc., the trackpad pointer can be anywhere. It works the way a keyboard should.

So I think the QC wasn't very good and when the cursors jump around excessively, that is a bad unit. I got the first keyboard at Staples and paid their $5 warranty for no-hassle replacement ... now only to find that Staples has stopped selling PlayBooks and all PB accessories! Still debating on whether to try and get it refunded but at least I never paid the full price on it either.
    02-24-13 12:22 PM
    Well I am going to try those suggestions. I bought mine off of ebay so I can call bb support and see if they will warranty it maybe.
    02-24-13 09:09 PM
    I have the same issue, and have tried two different mini keyboards from different suppliers, and they both did the same, so I fgured it is a compatibility issue with my PB. Tried both with my daughter's PB and both were fine!!! I have also stumbled upon placing the cursor in the bottom right hand corner, which helps a lot. I am hoping the BB10 upgrade may cure the problem. Having said all this, the keyboard is great and now means I don't have to take a laptop on my trips. (Travel every other week).
    02-26-13 08:53 AM