Hi guys,

Finally received my playbook mini keyboard yesterday, after it was shipped to the wrong store and it worked right out of the box but with a couple issues. A) I couldn't see any LEDs lighting up or blinking on the power button, I figured it was no big deal since it was working anyways. Then I realized caps lock wasn't working... and thought it was a bug with the keyboard... just before I went to sleep I plugged they keyboard for a charge and again, noticed no green LED. Hmmm, I then turned on the PB and no more keyboard showing... Turned keyboard off/on, no LED, no more pairing, dead! Way to go right before sleep.
    This morning I went back to the store and exchanged the faulty keyboard. Tried the new one in the store and could now see the blinking blue/red LED when turning on the keyboard, meaning it was pairing as per manual. Great. Came back home, paired the keyboard and everything works flawlessly now, including caps lock.

Now my questions:
    The user guide mentions "When the keyboard and the tablet are paired, the LED on the keyboard flashes blue.". Mine doesn't flash... actually, there's no LED on the power button after the keyboard is paired. Am I supposed to see a blinking blue LED at all time when paired, or do they mean it will blink blue only (and no red) a couple times then no more after pairing?
    Reference: LED notifications - User Guide - BlackBerry Mini Keyboard - 1.0
    I do see the blinking green when Charging, so I'm guessing the blinking blue when paired is a few blinks then it shuts the led off, but I'm not sure...

Other question: Do you guys turn the switch to off when your done using it, or do you just leave it on and the keyboard eventually enters some kind of power saving sleep mode ?

Thanks for helping guys!
    01-09-13 02:09 PM
    I have not watched my LED enough to know if it flashes the whole time it is connected, but mine does flash blue when connected and does flash green when charging. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I just want to confirm that you know the LED is on the power button slider situated on the left side of the keyboard, covered by the bottom left strap. No offence meant, just trying to make sure!

Also, I don't turn off my keyboard, I goes in to sleep mode and then I just hit the ctrl button to reconnect it.
    01-09-13 02:23 PM
    I leave the keyboard on all the time.

If I need to use it, I tap the ctrl button on the bottom left side (it has a bluetooth icon on it).

The blue led will blink until the keyboard and playbook pair, then it stops blinking.
    01-09-13 02:28 PM
    It has been suggested by users that it actually lasts longer on a charge if you just let is "sleep" without actually powering it off.
    01-09-13 02:30 PM
    I have not watched my LED enough to know if it flashes the whole time it is connected, but mine does flash blue when connected and does flash green when charging. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I just want to confirm that you know the LED is on the power button slider situated on the left side of the keyboard, covered by the bottom left strap. No offence meant, just trying to make sure!

Also, I don't turn off my keyboard, I goes in to sleep mode and then I just hit the ctrl button to reconnect it.
    Thanks, I do know where the LED is and no offense taken ;-)
    As I said, I could see it blinking blue/red when it was initially in the process of pairing with the PB, and I can see it flash green when its charging. But it wasn't blinking blue when not charging and paired, but it was working fine anyways.
    I just turned the switch off, then back on and I did see it blink blue only for a little while, didn't notice how long as I was typing this message and just noticed it stopped blinking now, so I guess after a few seconds, maybe 30, not sure, it just stops.
    I was just wondering if it was supposed to be a constant blue blink

Cheers!

EDIT: Thanks to all for the replies - it confirms my new keyboard is working as expected!! Cheers !
    01-09-13 02:31 PM
    there's a LED on the mini keyboard??? I didn't even know?

It has been suggested by users that it actually lasts longer on a charge if you just let is "sleep" without actually powering it off.
    thanks.
    01-09-13 02:37 PM
    Mine only blinksa few times when paired and then stops. I leave mine on also, and to wake it I tap the touchpad or any key. So far it hasn't lost pair at all and wakes right up with the cursor active. I've not seen any appreciable battery drain on the PB either, due to the BT always on and paired. But then when bridged there wasn't either. Enjoy, I love mine.
    01-09-13 06:02 PM
    I leave mine on also and just tap the ctrl key to wake up. I haven't had any problems so far (knock on wood, knocking). Its one of the BEST accessories I've purchased for the PlayBook. Should have been released 3 months after PlayBook release.
    01-09-13 06:31 PM
    Charged the keyboard on Christmas day.....still has a steady green light (fully charged ) when I tried to charge it. I usually shut it off when I'm not using it.....seems to be holding a charge beautifully! Loving the keyboard
    01-09-13 07:08 PM
    I just checked mine and it turns off once paired.
    01-09-13 07:21 PM
    I've had mine since about launch - April of last year - and I charge it on average 1 x per month. I found the charge lasted a lot longer if I left it turned on. I love using it for taking notes in meetings, Today I even pulled the keyboard out of the case and had the pb set up on a table with the keyboard on my lap while I took notes in a meeting.
    01-09-13 08:50 PM
    After you turning the keyboard on the blue light flashes about 30 seconds on goes out. I leave my keyboard on all the time and push the ctrl button when i want to use the keyboard. The charge on the keyboard last around 30 days.
    01-09-13 10:24 PM