Does the Playbook ear phone jack function identical to my BB phone jack? I know the sound works, obviously, when I use my BB ear phone on my PB.

But does the mic function as well?

I have comwave on my PB is the reason I'm asking.
    11-07-12 07:27 AM
    Why not test it? Record a video of your tv tuned to your favorites channel at, say, 3m distance. How about volume at 25%? If it can record sound from the tv. It will work for Comwave.

For the headset jack... Launch YouTube, plug the earbuds and play a video.
    11-07-12 08:04 AM
    Does the Playbook ear phone jack function identical to my BB phone jack? I know the sound works, obviously, when I use my BB ear phone on my PB.

But does the mic function as well?

I have comwave on my PB is the reason I'm asking.
    I'm sure I've made a PlayBook call with earphones in so guess so.
    11-07-12 08:51 AM
    Why not test it? Record a video of your tv tuned to your favorites channel at, say, 3m distance. How about volume at 25%? If it can record sound from the tv. It will work for Comwave.

For the headset jack... Launch YouTube, plug the earbuds and play a video.
    But,,, how would you know the PB built in mic isn't picking it up vs the ear piece??? You wouldn't.
    11-07-12 09:05 AM
    Why would it matter?
    11-07-12 11:33 PM
    But,,, how would you know the PB built in mic isn't picking it up vs the ear piece??? You wouldn't.
    Easy: when recording, tap each mic with your finger while you say which one you are tapping. When you playback the video you will know which one captured the audio.

I would lime to know the result also if you don't mind sharing.
    11-08-12 07:07 AM
    Okay, I just plugged in the WIRED headphones that I've used with my Bold-9930. I listened to older recordings - fine.

I then RECORDED. I spoke and then stopped speaking and tapped the left and then the right mic (holes). I only heard my speaking voice on playback and did not hear any tapping (at the internal mics).
    11-08-12 09:04 AM
    Okay, I just plugged in the WIRED headphones that I've used with my Bold-9930. I listened to older recordings - fine.

I then RECORDED. I spoke and then stopped speaking and tapped the left and then the right mic (holes). I only heard my speaking voice on playback and did not hear any tapping (at the internal mics).
    I tried the same test months ago and came to the same conclusion. When you plug in a mic the the PB microphones are disabled.
    11-08-12 09:18 AM
    I tried the same test months ago and came to the same conclusion. When you plug in a mic the the PB microphones are disabled.
    NOW, you reply! You could have saved me uncoiling my knotted, wired headphones!!!!! Actually, I unknotted them yesterday to call my sister but then knotted them up again after the call.
    11-08-12 09:50 AM
    NOW, you reply! You could have saved me uncoiling my knotted, wired headphones!!!!! Actually, I unknotted them yesterday to call my sister but then knotted them up again after the call.
    It seems no matter how neatly you coil those things they always get tangled.
    11-08-12 12:48 PM
    To get Comwave to work properly, I think I need a headset. If I get one, one that could be used for music and maybe audiobooks in car would be a plus

What would y'all recommend for something economical?

Crackberry has a long list of wired headsets:
    BlackBerry PlayBook Headsets | CrackBerry Canada

and some expensive Bluetooth sets:

BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth | CrackBerry Canada
    11-08-12 08:55 PM