Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. mawil1013's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    699 Posts
    Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BB ear/mic on PB

    Does the Playbook ear phone jack function identical to my BB phone jack? I know the sound works, obviously, when I use my BB ear phone on my PB.

    But does the mic function as well?

    I have comwave on my PB is the reason I'm asking.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Why not test it? Record a video of your tv tuned to your favorites channel at, say, 3m distance. How about volume at 25%? If it can record sound from the tv. It will work for Comwave.

    For the headset jack... Launch YouTube, plug the earbuds and play a video.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

  3. Ben1232's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,818 Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    Does the Playbook ear phone jack function identical to my BB phone jack? I know the sound works, obviously, when I use my BB ear phone on my PB.

    But does the mic function as well?

    I have comwave on my PB is the reason I'm asking.
    I'm sure I've made a PlayBook call with earphones in so guess so.
  4. mawil1013's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    699 Posts
    Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    Why not test it? Record a video of your tv tuned to your favorites channel at, say, 3m distance. How about volume at 25%? If it can record sound from the tv. It will work for Comwave.

    For the headset jack... Launch YouTube, plug the earbuds and play a video.
    But,,, how would you know the PB built in mic isn't picking it up vs the ear piece??? You wouldn't.
  5. bldshd's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    211 Posts
    PIN
    331A5FF3
    #5  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Why would it matter?
    Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9930
  6. zynks's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    But,,, how would you know the PB built in mic isn't picking it up vs the ear piece??? You wouldn't.
    Easy: when recording, tap each mic with your finger while you say which one you are tapping. When you playback the video you will know which one captured the audio.

    I would lime to know the result also if you don't mind sharing.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Okay, I just plugged in the WIRED headphones that I've used with my Bold-9930. I listened to older recordings - fine.

    I then RECORDED. I spoke and then stopped speaking and tapped the left and then the right mic (holes). I only heard my speaking voice on playback and did not hear any tapping (at the internal mics).
  8. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    #8  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Okay, I just plugged in the WIRED headphones that I've used with my Bold-9930. I listened to older recordings - fine.

    I then RECORDED. I spoke and then stopped speaking and tapped the left and then the right mic (holes). I only heard my speaking voice on playback and did not hear any tapping (at the internal mics).
    I tried the same test months ago and came to the same conclusion. When you plug in a mic the the PB microphones are disabled.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    I tried the same test months ago and came to the same conclusion. When you plug in a mic the the PB microphones are disabled.
    NOW, you reply! You could have saved me uncoiling my knotted, wired headphones!!!!! Actually, I unknotted them yesterday to call my sister but then knotted them up again after the call.
  10. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    #10  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    NOW, you reply! You could have saved me uncoiling my knotted, wired headphones!!!!! Actually, I unknotted them yesterday to call my sister but then knotted them up again after the call.
    It seems no matter how neatly you coil those things they always get tangled.
  11. Kwela123's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: BB ear/mic on PB

    To get Comwave to work properly, I think I need a headset. If I get one, one that could be used for music and maybe audiobooks in car would be a plus

    What would y'all recommend for something economical?

    Crackberry has a long list of wired headsets:
    BlackBerry PlayBook Headsets | CrackBerry Canada

    and some expensive Bluetooth sets:

    BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth | CrackBerry Canada

Similar Threads

  1. Why no BB Phone Apps on PB over Bridge?
    By kpmel in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
  2. Why no BB Phone Apps on PB over Bridge?
    By kpmel in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. BB Traffic App on PB?
    By snowbird72 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
  4. BB Traffic App on PB?
    By snowbird72 in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:31 PM
  5. Using BB keyboard & trackpad on PB
    By adman50 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions