Paid more for mine but still love it. More affordable now
    04-19-12 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the heads up I'm just trying to find one online from somewhere. This is the hardest BB acc. I've tried to find.
    04-19-12 12:31 PM
    I was finally able to pick one up earlier this week, I talked to a store owner and he was expecting to get a shipment Wednesday that he wasn't supposed to put out for sale until tomorrow for some reason.

In advertising lingo this lower price for a limited time thing is called a "pickle" and I think they have been playing games with trickling the stock out to make sure they don't fall afoul of the rules for making a savings claim. Once the pickle expires on April 25 I bet you'll see lots of these in the stores for $129.
    04-19-12 12:55 PM
    Ordered online from TheSource last week; picked it up today (in-store pickup). Only played with it a little but it works as advertised and I'm happy with it so far.
    My only issue is that it basically doubles the weight. Not so comfortable in the coat pocket anymore.
    04-19-12 03:02 PM
    Does The Source ship to the United States?
    04-19-12 03:07 PM
    I don't think so. I was just checking their website. Have a look ( The Source | Netbooks & Laptops | Cell Phones | GPS | Batteries | Xbox, PS3 & Wii | 3D LED TVs, LCD & Plasma TVs | Home Theater Systems & More | La Source )
    04-19-12 03:49 PM
    Does Radio Shack have them listed? The Source used to be Radio Shack here in the frozen north!!
    04-19-12 06:22 PM
    Does Radio Shack have them listed? The Source used to be Radio Shack here in the frozen north!!
    Radio shack didn't own what is now the source here. It was owned by the Tandy group. (they own leather good stores across canada etc) They had licensed the radio shack name here. The pricing would be different from the states.

Now, I have a feeling its $99 cause Bell Canada owns the source, and Bell being a huge retailer of BB phones, they probably got a deal as a result.

If there are any communications companies in the states that does large business retail wise and sells a lot of BB's there may be a similar deal to be had south of the border
    04-19-12 06:46 PM
    well with today being the PlayBooks Birthday and my Birthday as well i decided to order the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard as a gift for both of us from CrackBerry, i sure hope Rim sends out there shipments soon to all retailers. cant wait...

Sent from my Amazing BlackBerry 9900 because my PlayBook is attached to my TV so i can watch the Yankees on MLBTV....
    04-19-12 08:22 PM
    Just picked mine up today. If you're in Ottawa Canada, Carlingwood Mall has about 5 left. Keys are going to take a little time getting used to, but all in all this is the best accessory i've purchased in a long time.

Now my playbook looks like a micro net book!
    Last edited by Carmels; 04-20-12 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Grammatical error, can't have that!
    04-20-12 05:12 PM
    Hmm. Drive to Vancouver, hop the Canadian Nat'l Railroad to Ottawa. Maybe I will wait till CB finally gets them!
    04-20-12 08:15 PM
    a little heads up ... the mini keyboard somehow disables the spell corrector.
    if you can live with that, its a useful little gizmo.
    04-20-12 08:24 PM
    i dont think i'm gonna be buying this since it doubles the weight of my pb... the most important feature of my pb i love is the size and weight. so i'm gonna buy me a small wireless keyboard that i can use when i'm home w/ the pb
    04-21-12 09:10 AM
    Ordered mine throught Crackberry on St. Patties Day using the discount. And waiting..... Crackberry customer service said they think that RIM will be shipping the first week of May. And more waiting and more waiting.....
    04-21-12 10:01 AM
    Love the keyboard, love the case. Keyboard slides out easily, ultra-portable. My only concern is that I seem to take the PlayBook out of the case pretty regularly and have begun to wonder if it will adversely affect the case's capacity to hold the PlayBook securely sooner than later.
    04-21-12 07:06 PM
    I don't want to wait, so I had one of the guys in our Calgary facility go get me one at the Source while on sale. I'll have it Wednesday, I hope
    04-21-12 07:53 PM
    I wonder when this mini keyboard will be available in the UK.
    04-21-12 07:56 PM
    i dont think i'm gonna be buying this since it doubles the weight of my pb... the most important feature of my pb i love is the size and weight. so i'm gonna buy me a small wireless keyboard that i can use when i'm home w/ the pb
    Well that makes no sense , the reasons you've mentioned alone should be enough for you to invest in the mini BT keyboard and case. You can use the case to protect your PB and just leave the keyboard at home. Unless of course you're thinking of buying a full size BT keyboard, then that's a whole different story.
    04-21-12 08:33 PM
    Hmm. Drive to Vancouver, hop the Canadian Nat'l Railroad to Ottawa. Maybe I will wait till CB finally gets them!
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    04-21-12 08:35 PM
    DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    You have a spare bedroom and well-stocked fridge? It could be neat if the train goes through Banff/Jasper during daylight hours. The Plains, well, they are very PLAIN!
    04-21-12 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD