Perhaps it's just me being thick again and missing something yet again!

I have had my PlayBook for a while now and suffered through all the nail biting, sleepless nights walking the corridor scenarios waiting for new os updates to my pb but it's always the little things that infuriate me the most.

All through OS 1, 2 and now 2.01 I have often wondered what the use of the tethering application was used for, (and yes before you all jump all over me, I do fully understand what it does and how it does it). The reason I wondered this is because I have never needed it. My Torch 9860 has always directly connected me to the net directly and with fairly high speeds. I have tried my pb with both types of connection to the internet, bridge and tethered with no difference whatsoever so I have never needed to tether. However having recently received an upgrade for BB Bridge to so called fix problems with 7.1 which I have on my 9860, I now cannot connect into the net without tethering.

Is it just me or can anyone shed some light on this sudden mystery.

As I was typing this post I have just received some mysterious upgrade to my pb that required a restart! GOD knows what has changed now. Owning a PlayBook these days is getting to be a bit like playing Russian Roulette but instead of your life being at stake, it's just your sanity RIM play with.
    05-17-12 03:44 PM
    Sorry you are having problems with the bridge app. Have you tried un pairing both devices (your phone and your playbook) delete the profiles on each device. Reboot each device. Than re par them.
    05-17-12 04:04 PM
    Yes I have and also done a security wipe and re installed 2.01
    05-17-12 04:41 PM
    You having a 9860 I assume your on att? If this is the case you have to go get the royy upgrade for your bridge. Att blocks the bridged internet use. Its nothing to do with Rim. That's where I would start.
    dee. likes this.
    05-17-12 04:43 PM
    Unless the OP needs to update info they are not on AT&T. I have no trouble with my 9850. Do you have the latest bridge app.
    05-17-12 04:53 PM
    I am wondering if op is using a leaked os 7.1 or released...makes a difference..
    05-17-12 05:56 PM
    You having a 9860 I assume your on att? If this is the case you have to go get the royy upgrade for your bridge. Att blocks the bridged internet use. Its nothing to do with Rim. That's where I would start.
    I would definitely try this, and I see you're on O2 ... So maybe his ota links will work for your 9860.
    05-17-12 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD