For quit some time I consider buying new battery for my Playbook. The only problem is that that is built in to the rest of the boards. Is it possible to change the battery and if so how?
    01-24-12 02:52 PM
    01-24-12 02:56 PM
    No. In fact only a few tablets let you do this - I believe the Toshiba thrive is one of them. But none of the majors (iPad, Galaxy Tab, etc) have replaceable batteries.

RCK
    01-24-12 02:57 PM
    For quit some time I consider buying new battery for my Playbook. The only problem is that that is built in to the rest of the boards. Is it possible to change the battery and if so how?
    It's not really possible, but why would you want to do that? No PlayBook should have a battery that has a significantly reduced life, unless it's defective. Defective ones would still all be under warranty.
    01-24-12 04:34 PM
    01-24-12 07:47 PM
    I like to be prpered to change it when it dies, because right now it lasts for few days of very middle use.
    Also, I have to check how long it actually lasts right now.
    Thank you all for suggestions.
    01-25-12 10:37 PM
    maciek226, it won't simply "die", unless it's actually defective.

Rather, it will gradually lose capacity, bit by bit, until the daily life is low enough that you are too frustrated by it.

By that time, which should be well over two years away, maybe 3-4, if the PlayBook's been successful, you should be able to find places that will sell you replacement batteries (there are two) or replace the batteries for you.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    01-26-12 06:56 AM
    RIM has a flat rate for replacing the battery as well. I read it in some documentation that came when I did an express exchange on my son's playbook. I don't have the documents handy anymore, but I think it way $99.
    01-26-12 09:09 AM
    I like to be prpered to change it when it dies, because right now it lasts for few days of very middle use.
    Also, I have to check how long it actually lasts right now.
    Thank you all for suggestions.
    There is a magical thing called "charging" the battery,rather than changing it.
    01-26-12 10:56 AM
    Hey he asked a question, we answered it, and thats it! What the does anyone care why he needs to know, I'm sure he knows all these little facts you guys all keep mentioning anyway.

End of story!
    01-26-12 11:26 AM
    I want to replace the battery of my official playbook mini keyboard because I think it is defective, any suggestions in what battery I should get?

09-07-13 02:51 AM
    I want to replace the battery of my official playbook mini keyboard because I think it is defective, any suggestions in what battery I should get?

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b1bd02c.jpg
    No serial numbers or manufacturer info on the battery?

And very interesting photo!
    09-07-13 09:37 AM
    Any idea what company made this for BlackBerry? Would think of Logitech. Also did you scan the code on the battery?
    09-07-13 07:35 PM
    Sorry to bring up a old thread but did you manage to replace the battery?

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b1bd02c.jpg
    05-18-15 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD