I bridge my Bold 9700 with Playbook.

I have found that once I turn off bluetooth on either device, I need to pull the battery on the Bold before they will connect again, then when the Bold boots it connects right away.
    I have tried putting them both in discovery mode, alternating the sequence of enabling bluetooth Bold first then playbook, playbook first then Bold - every combination I can think of.
    Seems it has been this way since day one - through all of the updates.

I am still using phone bridge app 1.0.0.93 - using AT&T, afraid an upgrade may not work if there has been one since.

Is there a procedure I am missing to avoid this? anyone else have this problem? I haven't noticed it in related threads.

Thanks.
    09-27-11 04:46 PM

I have found that once I turn off bluetooth on either device, I need to pull the battery on the Bold before they will connect again, then when the Bold boots it connects right away.
    I have tried putting them both in discovery mode, alternating the sequence of enabling bluetooth Bold first then playbook, playbook first then Bold - every combination I can think of.

I am still using phone bridge app 1.0.0.93 - using AT&T, afraid an upgrade may not work if there has been one since.

Is there a procedure I am missing to avoid this? anyone else have this problem? I haven't noticed it in related threads.

Thanks.
    Download the latest BlackBerry Bridge to your BlackBerry from here

Try deleting the PlayBook from your Bold's Bluetooth profiles and the Bold from your PlayBook profiles.

Then freshly re-pair.
    09-27-11 04:49 PM
    Download the latest BlackBerry Bridge to your BlackBerry from here

Try deleting the PlayBook from your Bold's Bluetooth profiles and the Bold from your PlayBook profiles.

Then freshly re-pair.
    Thanks I'll give it a try - is it AT&T safe?
    09-27-11 05:28 PM
    I am now back to an earlier version of bridge (verizon here, so I don't have the tether issue). The newest version would "sever" my connection overnight and NOT reconnect in the morning. My scheme was that my bb bold/9650 turns off at 11pm and back on at 6am. Until this latest Bridge that worked perfectly. In the morning the Bridge would automatically be re-engaged. With the newest version, the Bridge would be UNconnected in the morning. But I did not have to pull the battery but I did have to futz around on both units. Re-enabling bridge on the phone and going into the wifi and/or BT setup (not the symbols next to the Battery icon) and close/open to get it to reconnect. It usually did it. This occurred each morning for 3 or 4 days after the newest bridge update. But, again, I could usually regain the bridge with a bit of futzing.

So I uninstalled the latest bridge and went to rroyy.com and got an older version. Problem went away and has not returned. Phone goes off at night, on again in morning and Bridge is right there.

I guess I should experiment with the newest bridge again but the 9650 takes so long to reboot I hate having to uninstall/reinstall stuff.
    09-27-11 05:37 PM

Thanks.
    I have the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 06:26 PM
    Hummm, mine and my tour have lost connection but turning bluetooth off on the playbook and then back on has always done the trick..... so far.
    09-27-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD