I've been using my Playbook running OS2 for web browsing for the past hour and the battery went down by 17%. That is absolutely rubbish compared to before. With OS1 I could browse for what felt like an eternity before I would have to charge it. What's causing this huge battery drain compared to OS1? Hmmmm...

This is making me worry about the battery life of the BB10 phones.
    02-21-12 06:05 PM
    god, let the massive update sink in, it hasn't been 24 hours since we've completely changed the OS. Yeesh....
    02-21-12 06:10 PM
    A lot more stuff in syncing and going on in the back ground. One would assume.....
    02-21-12 06:13 PM
    its better than the os2 beta. I think it could have something to do with the initial email/calandar/contacts sync?? is this plausible? I've been using mine for hours and I'm at 70% :/

edit: just saw John Yester's reply. oops. lol. I agree with him on this one
    02-21-12 06:14 PM
    god, let the massive update sink in, it hasn't been 24 hours since we've completely changed the OS. Yeesh....
    I don't see how waiting a few days is going to magically change how fast the battery drains... :/
    02-21-12 06:14 PM
    my battery has gone alot better,used modern combat for 1-1/2 hours and only lost 15%
    battery is at 34% of 6ish hrs of use
    02-21-12 06:22 PM
    I don't see how waiting a few days is going to magically change how fast the battery drains... :/
    Has it shut off on you yet? The battery meter has NEVER been accurate, mine can and will run for anywhere between 5-60 minutes on zero. We've just updated the operating system, one would assume that things "seem" a bit wonky on a battery meter that's never been accurate in the 1st place. You have to let it cycle thru to gain some sort of calibration. And that's not going to happen 14 hours after launch.
    jplo2113 likes this.
    02-21-12 06:27 PM
    The battery could actually improve with a few days of use , because as part of the the OS Upgrade i'm pretty sure the 'working cache' of the old OS would have been wiped clean as well.

So the Cpu has to spend more cycles ( and battery) to build everything from scratch..once its settled then a similar operation could be served from the cache instead of taking up too many CPU cycles
    02-21-12 06:33 PM
    I've noticed my battery drains a bit more lately on standby, although I think it's because of more activity in the background (sync, emails etc.) Before the update, my standby drain was 1% every 3 hours, now its about 1% every 2 hours. Usage on browsing and games remains the same as far as I can tell.

I have battery guru on most of the time. Great app to monitor your usage and battery life.
    02-24-12 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD