I know battery issues are mentiined on a lot of posts and I have never had any issues with mine, but I have noticed since the upgrade my battery seems to be draining somewhere around twice as fast. Anyone know of any tricks or options that can varify or improve the its performane?

I have not installed any new apps or used my playbook in a different manner since the upgrade.

thanks CB nation.
    DREXcb and anon(4267099) like this.
    10-27-12 08:49 AM
    Like many here, I have found the opposite, and get a lot more battery life. But i know some people have also talked about battery drain. Do a search and see if you can find anything, but I don't think there has been any real reasons found.
    10-27-12 09:38 AM
    I've also had terrible battery drain with the new OS. The other day I put the PB in standby mode with 80% battery and took it out 5 hours later with 15% battery.

Im sure someone will chime in with a trick like turning off wifi or bluetooth, resetting it 6 times while standing on your head and whistiling the dixie, unistalling and reinstalling angry birds. The reality is it's just another thing to add to the "crap that RIM can't get straightened out and thusly will never be a credible tablet company" file.
    10-27-12 09:51 AM
    The biggest thing I found that drains battery is Android apps launching themselves and running in the background. I find as much as a dozen at times.

What I do is use a memory eating app to crash the Android player although when I need it again I'll have to wait for it to boot.
    10-27-12 10:44 AM
    ohhh for me, my battery is good for all stable updates. Of course i am using tens of android applications. From last 2 days, i feel the battery coming more time with new OS update, 2.1.0.1088.
    10-27-12 10:51 AM
    Same thing with me. I notice wifi activity with no apps running and with bt off and wifi on. Battery doesn't last a day. I can't wait to be rid of this and hop onto bb10. Hopefully these types of bugs are gone for good.
    10-28-12 01:31 PM
    Strange thing today is that I've been using my playbook off and on for 6 hours or so. Wifi on and bridge connected (same as always). And now it seems to be back to the way it was before .1088 (only down to 72%).

I know it should be unlikely but it shut down a few times over the weekend due to low battery and maybe reset a background app or something that was draining the battery.

Thanks for the comments and advise, now back to my CrackBooking.
    10-28-12 01:49 PM
    Battery lasts a full days worth of mixed usage. Usually I can go at least 2 full days without charging. Sometimes a little over 3 days but that's only with light usage. Everyone has different uses and different apps installed, hence the large variations. Things to check are to make sure manual sync in the email settings have been turned off. Apparently they fixed it but it's worth the time to take a look into that.
    Merboy6969 likes this.
    10-28-12 01:51 PM
    I hadn't had any issues with battery life with the most current OS release, battery life had been good, and easily lasted a couple days with light use. However the last two nights my playbook was 100% charged when i went to bed and when I woke up it was showing battery alarm and at 5%. I don't recal adding any apps recently and no apps were running in the background. Everything was closed and only the home screen was up after waking from standby? Anyone else have strange battery life issue like that? Or ideas on what to try?
    11-15-12 08:12 AM
    Or ideas on what to try?
    You could try installing my Battery Guru app... :-)
    11-15-12 08:42 AM
    I hadn't had any issues with battery life with the most current OS release, battery life had been good, and easily lasted a couple days with light use. However the last two nights my playbook was 100% charged when i went to bed and when I woke up it was showing battery alarm and at 5%. I don't recal adding any apps recently and no apps were running in the background. Everything was closed and only the home screen was up after waking from standby? Anyone else have strange battery life issue like that? Or ideas on what to try?
    Well, you could try some of the restart methods just in case something went ODD. Do you have any Android apps? Native email? Those have sometimes acted up.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    11-15-12 08:52 AM
    So pre-latest OS update, I had native email setup w/my hotmail account. When Microsoft switched (to Outlook.com I think it was) my battery drained massively to where i had to turn off wifi. After the latest OS update, the battery drain stopped! Approx 2 days ago, my battery started to drain again. This morning at 9am, I was at 100%, no use of my playbook until this post. Current battery lvl: 39%!!

Did something change the past couple days??
    11-15-12 09:53 PM
    Just a thought,
    On cell phones and the like (heck any portable electrical device) I've noticed battery life being affected when:
    A: Battery has been replaced.
    B: When a new firmware is flashed to the device.

Both scenarios affect how the calibration of the battery charging profile, and it takes several charge /discharge cycles for the profile to be re-built.

So far as any 3rd party apps, ditto.

11-15-12 10:31 PM
    After a hard reboot yesterday the battery life seems to have returned to approximately 10 hours of use from 100% to 37%;. The tablet has WiFi and Bluetooth enabled except when Airplane Mode is active between use. The battery health shows 100% and the battery voltage has slowly decreased from 4.00 V to 3.69 V. I spent a few hours this evening editing an internal wiki and have been browsing various websites. Hopefully, I can get 24 hours of usage from th tablet before a recharge is necessary; prior versions of BlackBerry Tablet OS allowed upwards of 48 hours of active use.
    11-15-12 11:48 PM
    Hard to use my Playbook without running 2 watts which gives 10 hours with the 19.95 watt-hr battery. Usually more like six hours. Forty-eight hours of active use between recharges . Wow. That battery must be on steroids.

The Battery Guru app is essential for checking power use in the PB. Also use an Android app killer. I hae found Advanced App Manager(free in BB app world to be useful for checking up on those sneaky Android Apps. Also Ghost Commander is useful particularly with Android files.
    11-16-12 12:59 AM
    Hard to use my Playbook without running 2 watts which gives 10 hours with the 19.95 watt-hr battery. Usually more like six hours. Forty-eight hours of active use between recharges . Wow. That battery must be on steroids.

The Battery Guru app is essential for checking power use in the PB. Also use an Android app killer. I hae found Advanced App Manager(free in BB app world to be useful for checking up on those sneaky Android Apps. Also Ghost Commander is useful particularly with Android files.
    Yes, it seems a previous version of BlackBerry Tablet OS did give my battery extra life but the current system topped out at just under 30 hours before a recharge was necessary. I will keep an eye on the performance during the next few weeks. Oh, the 48 hours of active use was not continuous and included time when Bluetooth and WiFi were disabled. Since I use a Bluetooth keyboard and WiFi frequently because my BlackBerry PlayBook has become my ultra-portable notebook computer, I need the battery to last at least 12 hours (Bluetooth and WiFI enabled) without recharge.
    11-16-12 07:15 AM
    Had good battery life before 1088. Had reduction in battery life after. Did a security wipe and restore for the first time and system returned back to normal. So far anyway. I'm happy. I only did it to see how much memory I gain. Turns out it was about 400Mb.
    11-16-12 08:27 AM