Hi.
    It appears the battery life of my playbook drains pretty fast when my playbook is on standbye.
    does anybody else experience similiar problems?
    07-18-11 12:47 PM
    it should drain about 1% an hour on standby, any more then that just adjust your settings.
    07-18-11 12:54 PM
    Please read before post mate..
    But to help you out there, make sure you accept the user agreement on Video Call.
    The rest is to browse similar thread about this issue
    07-18-11 01:18 PM
    it should drain about 1% an hour on standby, any more then that just adjust your settings.
    Actually it should drop 1% only in about 3.6 hours. The capacity is roughly 18Wh, it uses about 50mW when sleeping, and that works out to 360h total, or a 0.3% drop per hour.

If it's dropping as fast as 1% per hour, it means either your battery capacity is very poor, the "percentage remaining" estimate is not calibrated properly on your unit, or you have something running that you could disable to conserve more power (e.g. you're connected via WiFi to the PlayBook's network share, from a Windows PC, and it's constantly polling it for changes).
    07-18-11 07:04 PM
    Please read before post mate..
    But to help you out there, make sure you accept the user agreement on Video Call.
    The rest is to browse similar thread about this issue
    Listen to this man/woman (man I presume) for he speaketh wisely. I had similar issues after a frustrating wifi issue that forced a hard reset of the device.
    07-18-11 07:25 PM
    Read the User agreement for the video chat otherwise it will drain like a leaky boat.
    07-18-11 07:26 PM
    my pb drains only 3% in 10 hours with bt and wifi off.
    07-18-11 07:35 PM
    LOVE my pb's battery life. Blows my HTC Evo away. One thing I miss about my old 8330 was the battery life. One reason I'm going back (at least planning to) to BBerry is because of the battery life (just ONE of MANY reasons).

Haven't done any scientific tests or anything but standby doesn't do much at all; I think it could sit on standby for a long time.

Spent the other day, HEAVY usage, movies, games, music, downloads ... PB went all day and, if I recall correctly, the battery was only about half gone.

Battery life whether it's in standby or in heavy use, has been fantastic. I'm VERY pleased with that.
    07-18-11 10:10 PM
    I actually had an issue where my PlayBook's battery completely drained and wouldn't charge on my desktop rapid charger. I had to charge it up using the wall charger it came with, let it completely drain, recharge, let it drain again and recharge. This cycled the battery, and now it's good as new.
    07-19-11 02:52 AM
    my battery drops 10% in standby mode in about 8 hours, weather BT and wifi are on or off, it doesn't change the result
    07-19-11 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD