Any tips on longer phone battery life with Bluetooth on? It's not a big issue but I would like to maximize batteryt life. The PB seems to last forever - the phone battery goes sooner. Does Bluetooth mode drain battery if the PB is off?

I will admit that sometimes I will forget to turn off the phone's Bluetooth and it will drain overnight. Anyone have a one-button app to switch in and out of Bluetooth mode?

(this has not been on a thread since July - maybe the drain is different now with the latest OS? am using 9850 to Bridge)
    12-02-11 11:29 PM
    I have the Torch 9800. I keep my phone and PB bridged 24-7. No battery problems noted here.

Later,
    B.
    12-02-11 11:38 PM
    I use a bold 9900, there is no difference in my battery life when it is bridged. I was pleasantly surprised to find that out, but I can't see any difference at all. I just leave it bridged all the time.
    12-02-11 11:39 PM
    BT + WiFi + Network + GPS + Bridge @ 24/7 on both PB and BB; charge nightly - no issues (even with the year plus old battery in my 9650).
    12-02-11 11:55 PM
    I'm coming up on 2 years with my 9700 and I've noticed that my phone battery is actually lasting LONGER now that I have it bridged. I think the reason is because i'm not using the actual phone as often for the internet and stuff, so keeping the screen off and not updating has gained me an extra day between charges if I really want to push it.
    12-03-11 12:34 AM
    I'm a little disappointed with the speed that my battery depletes on the PB just by browsing although it is brand new and maybe it has to settle in like the phones do. I turned bridge off and BT on both devices just to preserve the battery on the 9900 if nothing else.
    12-03-11 01:10 AM
    mine will last all day and night. I do see it draining faster but nothing out of the norm.
    12-03-11 01:43 AM
    I use a bold 9900, there is no difference in my battery life when it is bridged. I was pleasantly surprised to find that out, but I can't see any difference at all. I just leave it bridged all the time.
    Same here. Nice surprise.
    12-03-11 02:32 AM
    After reading your comments, I am inclined to think it must be some other app that I loaded about the same time that I bought the Playbook. I am turning off one now and will advise what happens. Don't want to voice my suspicions online until I test.

I just finished test & it appears taht DriveSafely is my battery drain problem. Also found another CB thread that had many battery drain issues with DriveSafely. THis app drains half a battery in 8 hours even if NOT turned "ON", but it is OPEN. I'm uninstalling.

Hope they fix it later, because I like the app.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 12-06-11 at 04:31 AM.
    12-06-11 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD