I've had some similar issues lately, probably because of using Maps(-). I like the app, but if you've had it caching a bunch of stuff, you may find that either it's still doing so (that would be why disabling WiFi will help) or is "stuck" running.

I've actually been able to observe that app continuing to download map tiles even when I put the tablet into standby, and it took about that much power. I doubt it's the app's fault... I blame the Android player.

At other times (after a restart) it would stop loading data once I put the tablet into standby.
    Yeah, restarting didn't work, I already tried that. Anyone else have any ideas on my problem?
    03-15-12 11:41 PM
    Sorry for the double post but this issue is really bothering me. Anyone have any ideas?
    03-16-12 03:33 PM
    Let's hope the next update will fix some really annoying battery consuming bugs!!!
    03-28-12 05:38 PM
    I also recently had a problem with the battery on my BlackBerry PlayBook draining and the rear of the unit getting hot. I contacted BlackBerry technical support about this issue and they organised to have my unit sent away for repair. I suspected that the issue may have been related to my account settings on the PlayBook (due to when the problem started to occur) so I fortunately found this forum thread. After enabling Push sync, my issue is now resolved. However, when I reported this issue to BlackBerry technical support, they reported that there has been no internal note made about this issue, despite peter9477 saying that this issue has been logged - I even referred BlackBerry technical support to this thread. However, now that I have provided them with the fix, they have now passed this issue to the appropriate team for further investigation.

I just thought that I would mention this.
    04-13-12 08:00 AM
179 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD