I just picked up a playbook for the first time and during the setup it says "Battery Level Critically Low, Please connect your tablet to a power source. (which I have done using the wall charger that came with the playbook) and it says setup will resume when the battery gets to 20%, but it doesnt seem to by charging at all. Its at 0% still and its been 30mins. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this issue and how to get around it?
    12-06-11 04:42 PM
    I just read something about this in the sticky at the top of the forum. It's tips and tricks for... or something like that. There's 5 pages to wade through, I think, but It was close to the beginning I believe. There's a simple work around, but I don;t recall exactly what it was.

Sorry, but HTH,
    Brian
    12-06-11 04:45 PM
    Thanks, Im trying this now. I think this is what you were talking about...

"When you take it out of the box it may seem dead - but likely the battery is - this is tricky because if the OS is not upgraded from an earlier version, it will not charge unless the OS is booted, but will not boot unless charged - catch-22.

The solution I believe is to plug in the charger (be sure its the one that came wit the unit) then do the three button reset - hold the + and - volume buttons and the power button - all three at once for over ten seconds - then release. Then just let it charge before doing anything.

You may see a green LED pulsing on and off then goes steady green, or you may just see the red LED flash once - be patient."
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-06-11 04:55 PM
    Can I ask have you had any battery troubles after this initial one as this has happened to me to and i'm contemplating taking it back to the shop for an exchange?
    Thanks.
    08-25-12 04:09 PM
    Can I ask have you had any battery troubles after this initial one as this has happened to me to and i'm contemplating taking it back to the shop for an exchange?
    Thanks.
    It think you should change it for peace of mind
    08-25-12 10:26 PM
    Just a thought, cause I've done it before..... check to see if your USB is plugged into the PB the right way... you might have it upside down... which is why I ran out and bought the Rapid Charger with the magnetic end.
    08-25-12 10:54 PM
    my playbook with same problem. doesnt charge!
    0% stucked!! doesnt load the OS cause doesnt have battery, and doesnt charge battery cause doesnt have the OS! WHAT THE !!!!!
    12-13-12 07:01 PM
    my playbook with same problem. doesnt charge!
    0% stucked!! doesnt load the OS cause doesnt have battery, and doesnt charge battery cause doesnt have the OS! WHAT THE !!!!!
    Production date is?
    New, used?
    History of unit?
    12-14-12 12:54 AM
    Just a thought, cause I've done it before..... check to see if your USB is plugged into the PB the right way... you might have it upside down... which is why I ran out and bought the Rapid Charger with the magnetic end.
    Unless the micro usb charging port is damaged it will only go in one way. "BlackBerry Logo faces UP btw"
    12-14-12 12:59 AM
    Solved. It was sying 0% i turned off pressing the power 2seconds untill appears the shutdown menu. Then he charged turned off. Its ok now.
    12-14-12 07:34 AM
    I just picked up a playbook for the first time and during the setup it says "Battery Level Critically Low, Please connect your tablet to a power source. (which I have done using the wall charger that came with the playbook) and it says setup will resume when the battery gets to 20%, but it doesnt seem to by charging at all. Its at 0% still and its been 30mins. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this issue and how to get around it?
    Solved. It was sying 0% i turned off pressing the power 2seconds untill appears the shutdown menu. Then he charged turned off. Its ok now.
    Production date is? (3 of the 4 PB's I recently purchased had been sitting on the shelf for right at 18 MONTHS - Prod date 2011-06 !!!)
    New, used?
    History of unit?
    12-15-12 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD