I just got my Playbook and I have some basic quezstions ...
    When recharging, shuld the PB be turned on, or off?

How long should recharging take? ... is it faster to use a wall plug than doing via my laptop?

My level was six per cent and theres nothing else on the screen except the notice saying its recharging .. is this normal?

Is it ok to use the devise while its recharging?

Once charged should you unpliug it, or is it ok to leave it plugged in?

Thanks so much ... and a warning ... Ill probably be back with more basic questions. This forum is of far greater value than BB's own instructions.
    10-16-11 10:58 AM
    Misse
    I just got my Playbook and I have some basic quezstions ...
    When recharging, shuld the PB be turned on, or off?

How long should recharging take? ... is it faster to use a wall plug than doing via my laptop?

My level was six per cent and theres nothing else on the screen except the notice saying its recharging .. is this normal?

Is it ok to use the devise while its recharging?

Once charged should you unpliug it, or is it ok to leave it plugged in?

Thanks so much ... and a warning ... Ill probably be back with more basic questions. This forum is of far greater value than BB's own instructions.
    PB can be on or off when charging. I believe there was an issue with an earlier version of code whereby it needed to be off.

Recharging can take between 3 to 3.5 hours, that is what I have found. I usually charge with it off. Charging from the USB port of your laptop will take forever. Use the provided charger.

I have used the device whilst it is charging and not noticed any detrimental effects, but like anything YMMV.

I've usually charged overnight, so it has been plugged in once it has reached full charge. I believe that the device is "intelligently" charged so there should be no harm to the battery. Again YMMV.
    Last edited by Hammerhead786; 10-16-11 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Typo correction
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    10-16-11 11:21 AM
    Misse

PB can be on or off when charging. I believe there was an issue with an earlier version of code whereby it needed to be off.
    How do you guys charge the PB when it's off? If mine is off and I plug it in, it automatically turns on.
    10-16-11 02:03 PM
    How do you guys charge the PB when it's off? If mine is off and I plug it in, it automatically turns on.
    yours must be on the standby mode, so when u plug it in it turns on. it needs to be shut off- next time check what you are doing.
    10-16-11 03:02 PM
    On Saturday, a customer service rep from RIM told me to charge the PB while it is turned on. No problem with the PB btw, I was just not aware of some things as a new user and I called customer support.
    10-16-11 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD