By fluke or luck, I ended up with both the 64Gb PlayBook and a $75 gift card from Office Depot. I have been trying to find a discounted source for the mini keyboard but seems all the deals have dried up for the time being. So, if anyone that bought a bunch of these from Cost Central wants to trade for the OD gift card, let me know. That is about 2x what they sold for. PM me if interested.
    12-27-12 10:17 PM
    well, I bought 2 keyboards from cost central and one of them stopped working after 3 days. cost central will not take it back and rim will not warranty it. Your welcome to it. still has the protective plastic on it.
    12-27-12 10:44 PM
    well, I bought 2 keyboards from cost central and one of them stopped working after 3 days. cost central will not take it back and rim will not warranty it. Your welcome to it. still has the protective plastic on it.
    Did Rim explain why there's no warranty?

When I had problems with the travel rapid charger, I got the same response from rim - no warranty.
    12-27-12 11:54 PM
    That is why I always purchase electronics with my Visa. They double the warranty and also provide "breakage" protection for the first 90 days...theft too but hopefully that is never needed. Thanks for the offer but wouldn't know where to start to fix a BT keyboard...

PS if you used a credit card, just protest the charge and say the product was delivered DOA.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-28-12 12:35 AM
    As I'm typing this post from my newly acquired OEM Blackberry PlayBook Bluetooth Mini Keyboard + case (Dec 19th) from Cost Central, I am KNOCKING ON WOOD (for continued LUCK). The constant war stories that I hear about RIM and there warranties are scary. I have not had any major problems with any of RIM's products and I've been using Blackberry devices and accessories for over 5 years. I dread the day when something goes wrong and RIM doesn't honor the warranty, I would think a honorable company like RIM wouldn't think twice about replacing, repairing or honoring a warranty that was still valid and NOT because of human damage. GOOD LUCK in your search for a keyboard OP (reasonably priced). They will go on sale somewhere, thats how it works .....sooner or later.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-28-12 12:42 AM
    As I'm typing this post from my newly acquired OEM Blackberry PlayBook Bluetooth Mini Keyboard + case (Dec 19th) from Cost Central, I am KNOCKING ON WOOD (for continued LUCK). The constant war stories that I hear about RIM and there warranties are scary. I have not had any major problems with any of RIM's products and I've been using Blackberry devices and accessories for over 5 years. I dread the day when something goes wrong and RIM doesn't honor the warranty, I would think a honorable company like RIM wouldn't think twice about replacing, repairing or honoring a warranty that was still valid and NOT because of human damage. GOOD LUCK in your search for a keyboard OP (reasonably priced). They will go on sale somewhere, thats how it works .....sooner or later.
    When I first had problems with the Travel Rapid Charger (low pin), I called the PB support number since it was part of the pb suite. Due to initial misunderstanding, they shipped me the normal ac adapter - very fast - seriously Eastern Canada to Pacific NW in one day. Wrong charger of course. So called back - after a bit of research and email - told there is NO warranty on that accessory. I figured that canNOT be true. So pursued further. NO warranty. Now suing was not in the cards under any consumer protection - too much hassle. But I've written this up ages ago. I then was sent a survey about satisfaction with the process. I was brutally honest calling their policy BS. I got a follow up call. After another week of back and forth - for my hassle but NOT warranty, she shipped me another Travel charger. More low pins. But I've learned to work around that.

I do not know how any electronic thingie does not have at least some 90 warranty. But Rim seems to stick with that other than the initial pb and anything included in its packaging - therefore, the ac-usb charger.
    12-28-12 08:54 AM