Is there a way to export my stock browser's bookmarks to my PC? I need to do a wipe and was hoping to backup bookmarks (which I have saved as thumbnails on my home screen) so I can restore them.

Desktop manager keeps crashing during backup and there is no way to drag and drop application data (where I assume my bookmark data is). I have uninstalled all my apps and removed all my documents/media, but DM still crashes during backup. BB support cannot seem to help me. They are sending a new micro usb cord, but I don't think that will make any difference.

Are there any work arounds available?
    08-04-12 11:35 AM
    Is there a way to export my stock browser's bookmarks to my PC? I need to do a wipe and was hoping to backup bookmarks (which I have saved as thumbnails on my home screen) so I can restore them.

Desktop manager keeps crashing during backup and there is no way to drag and drop application data (where I assume my bookmark data is). I have uninstalled all my apps and removed all my documents/media, but DM still crashes during backup. BB support cannot seem to help me. They are sending a new micro usb cord, but I don't think that will make any difference.

Are there any work arounds available?
    That's a good question. I wiped mine and had to hunting for all my bookmarks again. This is one area where Android really smokes BB. With my Nexus 7 all your apps, bookmarks and settings get backed up to Google servers. I did a factory reset on it and everything comes back after setup.
    08-04-12 02:17 PM
    That's a good question. I wiped mine and had to hunting for all my bookmarks again. This is one area where Android really smokes BB. With my Nexus 7 all your apps, bookmarks and settings get backed up to Google servers. I did a factory reset on it and everything comes back after setup.
    When you compare a 4.1 operating system to a 2.0 operating system you'll find that the higher and more established OS will "smoke" the younger and less established OS in many areas.

I like the ui of qnx and I like were its going. Now just picture the PlayBook's OS in the 4.1 realm....Oh wait that would be BlackBerry 11!!!!!
    kbz1960 and FreeJACLive like this.
    08-04-12 07:42 PM
    This would be a pain, but, email the bookmark links to yourself, then do your wipe, then retrieve your emailed links, launch them and resave to your "new" homescreen.
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    08-05-12 11:33 AM
    Are there any other options out there? If I have to manually type in bookmarks and save to Google bookmarks or something similar, it will be a royal PITA
    08-06-12 12:02 PM
    have you tried digging through the file system to see if you can copy the files to a safe place and then just copy them back after the wipe?
    08-06-12 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD