Hello everybody

Should the backsite of Playbook be flat? Because my PlayBook is a littlebit round at the back in the middle where the logo is. When it lies on the table it is not stable.

Regards
    Ruben
    11-22-12 05:09 PM
    Just from the battery getting warm.

Has happened to a lot of users (myself included). Not a big deal
    11-22-12 05:25 PM
    There are a great number of playbook users who have the same little "bump" in the back of their pb and it isnt something you caused and it isnt going to get any worse. It is the way it came from the factory and isnt a problem as far as function of the playbook goes. Altho it can be an annoyance, it can be corrected by using a case on your pb. That way you're protected as well
    11-22-12 05:41 PM
    Your PlayBook is pregnant and will give birth to a BlackBerry10 L series device, on or about January 30th 2013. Congratulations
    the-elf, amjass12, wafa510 and 1 others like this.
    11-22-12 05:58 PM
    Hello everybody

Should the backsite of Playbook be flat? Because my PlayBook is a littlebit round at the back in the middle where the logo is. When it lies on the table it is not stable.

Regards
    Ruben
    RE: Should the backside of the PlayBook case be flat?

Yes, it SHOULD... but it probably isn't.

Just from the battery getting warm.

Has happened to a lot of users (myself included). Not a big deal
    RE: Warpage of rear case panel of PlayBook caused by heat.

The rear case panel of all 4 PlayBooks I picked up within the last week were WARPED out of the box.
    (3) 2011-06-01 Production date
    (1) 2011-12-xx " "
    You mention heat, I was planning on trying to heat the rear case half to flatten it.

Q: Have you read any posts on heating the rear panel to reshape (Flatten) it?

11-22-12 09:13 PM
    If it bothers you get an OEM skin case. That will allow "flat" use on a table.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-22-12 11:43 PM
    While it is NOT normal and should not be that way, many of them do have a bump where the logo is located. Poor manufacturing control!

If the bump is excessive, you might want to return it. Usually it should NOT get any worse but some can be hard to use/type on when flat on a table.

One guy used a hair dryer to heat up the back and press it back in. He reported a while later that the bump did NOT return. Use caution.
    11-22-12 11:46 PM
    I had the same issue out-of-the-box. Here's my fix: Play a game or just do intensive tasks until the PlayBook gets hot. Once it is sufficiently hot, lay it down on a flat surface and continue using it for a while. The back should soften a bit and flatten out.
    11-22-12 11:58 PM
    Thanks everybody for the reactions. I am a. Little disappointed in RIM that something like that is caused by production. It is a beautiful device. I do not want to put it in a case or skin.
    Last edited by ruben1975; 11-23-12 at 02:18 AM.
    11-23-12 01:40 AM