Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QuIcKsIlV3r
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Backing up website bookmarked favorites?

Ok, probably a stupid question....but, when I backup my PB using the desktop manager, it doesn't back up the websites that I've bookmarked as favorites. Therefore, they can't be restored to my PB. Is there any app or other way to back them up?....thanks!

Default Re: Backing up website bookmarked favorites

At this point I don't recall, but I thought that if you did a backup of settings/apps (media is separate) that they were backed up and then could be restore. I wonder you create them on the desktop, if they would be backed up as icons and then restored?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

That's a big fat negative unfortunately. I use the 3rd pane of my home screen for bookmark management and they don't come back after a reinstall
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I think the only the only things that can be restored to a PB are those items that are backed up into the Desktop Manager, and that nothing else on your PC can be transferred into the PB, including anything on ur PB desktop.
    Last edited by crazy4playbook; 11-07-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Those are stored with app data. Backup your apps and your bookmarks will be there. I just found that out yesterday after backing up restoring everything but settings.

I don't set those shortcut icons so I wouldn't know if they are backed up, or where.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Not sure what u mean. Only the built in apps will restore. The others have to be reinstalled after a full restore. And no bookmarked websites will restore. That's why I asked the origiinal question.

What do u mean

"....Backup your apps and your bookmarks will be there"
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    That's a big fat negative unfortunately. I use the 3rd pane of my home screen for bookmark management and they don't come back after a reinstall
    Are the BlackBerry Tablet OS developers really clueless or out of touch with real world users?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    Are the BlackBerry Tablet OS developers really clueless or out of touch with real world users?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default Re: Backing up website bookmarked favorites?

I think what someone recommended was copying each URL to a text file. The text file itself can be easily backed up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

is there an app capable of scanning jpeg text into pb text? as, tbh, you could take a pic of your bookmarks and scan it in about as easily as making text files and so forth. not great, really.
    CrackBerry Genius

Ummm I did a full backup and restore last night and my bookmarks are all there. So I don't know what you did differently, but every time I have backed up and restored, every single of my bookmarks have been restored. 43 bookmarks all came back
    Living the world of Blackberry and a fan of the comeback!
    F2 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Sure ur favorites are still there when u did a restore. That's cuz they were there when u backed them up...but if you delete all your website favorites from ur Playbook then try to restore they won't come back....I wish they would cuz I have weoo over a 100 bookmarked websites!