I had an issue with my previous playbook and got it exchanged for a new one, I did a back up to ensure I would be able to upload all my Apps and Media back onto my new one. Well here is my issue, i went to upload everything onto the new playbook and it can back with an error. I purchased a lot of Apps and dont want to have to re-buy them. I am looking for some help on this one on how get all my Apps back onto my new playbook. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Chris
    09-01-12 10:39 AM
    I have a hunch your new PB is on OS. 354. You old one was probably on the pulled. 668.

If that is so, you won't be able to load get backup. BUT if you update to beta 2.1 you will.

Another solution (more clear complicated) would be downloading the OS and installing it manually. I'd go with beta 2.1.
    09-01-12 11:02 AM
    I have a hunch your new PB is on OS. 354. You old one was probably on the pulled. 668.

If that is so, you won't be able to load get backup. BUT if you update to beta 2.1 you will.

Another solution (more clear complicated) would be downloading the OS and installing it manually. I'd go with beta 2.1.
    Thanks for the help on this, i just looked at my current PB and its on OS V 2.0.1.358...I assume this is what you mean by being the wrong OS?
    09-01-12 11:15 AM
    You can always get your apps back from app world.
    09-01-12 11:19 AM
    You can always get your apps back from app world.
    I tried going onto there and when I go to My World the only apps that are on there are the ones for my 9900. Is there anoth section I may have missed?
    09-01-12 11:26 AM
    I see no phone apps on my PB in app world. Only my PB apps.
    09-01-12 11:29 AM
    Are you talking about when you look at it on your PB? I go onto App world from my PB and it only shows the apps I have on there right now, when I go onto the actual site it pulls up apps from my 9900 and when I select my PB it shows nothing. I try going through app world a little more and see if I can find anything else I may have missed. Thanks again for the help, if you have anything thing else please let me know...
    09-01-12 11:35 AM
    On your pb try the "refresh" link.
    09-01-12 11:37 AM
    Also, look for a tab that says "uninstalled" in your appworld on your playbook
    09-01-12 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the help on this, i just looked at my current PB and its on OS V 2.0.1.358...I assume this is what you mean by being the wrong OS?
    Yes. It's not really wrong, just incomparable with the one you had when you created the Backup.

And yes, refresh appworld on the PB. You can get all your stuff from there, besides sideload apps.
    09-01-12 11:48 AM
    As long as you used the same BBID you did on the other pb, stuff will be available again.

In appworld, go to MyWorld. Then go to UNinstalled. All of the apps you have acquired, free or purchased should appear.
    09-01-12 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone, unfortunately my mom doesnt have Wifi in the house, i know what I am getting her for xmas now haha..I will check the App World when we get to our hotel and see if all that works...Thanks again for all the help friends
    09-01-12 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD