Right people, i got my passport can sidelaod apps etc and just got the Google play store

Now I'm back to my playbook, just wondering what can i do? To get apps etc. Do the apk's from my passport work on this? Or is the android run time different?

There also is snap on the passport can i get it to work on the playbook?

Any info greatly appreciated so i can get this back up and running. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-31-14 12:07 PM
    There is no support for the Playbook. You need OS 10.3.x and the same version of the Android player that your Passport has on your PB which is not going to happen ever! Your better off buying a Samsung Tab S or some other kind of Android tablet.
    12-31-14 12:13 PM
    My playbook ks still my home browser. When i had a Samsung it was buggy and unpredictable and unreliable, and the playbook is very reliable, sometimes a bit slow but usually fine as i keep clearing the clutter from mu Origami browser. And use the regular browser if i need a download or if my video freezes up which usually wont happen until the video is 3/4 done.

I am Just Sayin, as they say, the browser is not dead by a long shot, but it doesnt want to be an android, its still a fine little browser and a top notch music player, and i do watch videos on it too.

So the thing is already up and running, hopefully, but it is what it is and its not what its not.
    jtv1 likes this.
    12-31-14 09:22 PM
    Right people, i got my passport can sidelaod apps etc and just got the Google play store

Now I'm back to my playbook, just wondering what can i do? To get apps etc. Do the apk's from my passport work on this? Or is the android run time different?

Posted via CB10
    The android runtime on the PB is Gingerbread (2.2). The android runtime for BB10 is JellyBean (4.2). So a gamble that PassPort .apks will work. Snap requires BB10 so it won't run on the PB.
    01-01-15 10:02 AM
    Thanks everyone for all your help!
    I'm currently changing the usb charging port as mine is bust.

Have to say even though it's old it's awesome machine. I use it for browsing and movies. Hook it up to my tv as it's so easy. It's my holiday machine.

I'll transfer the apk's and give it go.

Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-01-15 04:06 PM
    Remember you have to convert them to bar!
    Use apk2bar. Good luck!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-04-15 11:43 AM
    Remember you have to convert them to bar!
    Use apk2bar. Good luck!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Available from BlackBerry world on playbook?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:55 PM
    Available from BlackBerry world on playbook?

Posted via CB10
    No--Apk2Bar is a website. You need to first download the .apk file you want then upload it to the conversion space on PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-05-15 01:58 PM
    I still use mine to watch movies and old Doctor Who reruns in bed. I did pick up a Tab S to replace it for daily use. It will never die.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 04:20 AM
    I still use mine to watch movies and old Doctor Who reruns in bed. I did pick up a Tab S to replace it for daily use. It will never die.

Posted via CB10
    What movie app are you using?

I turned on my PB for the first time in about 7 months yesterday and its slow as hell....need to find some good use for it.
    01-07-15 05:55 AM
    Just got my playbook back after 18 months. I assume there's been no progress on getting a different OS onto the Playbook?
    01-08-15 08:52 AM
    Just got my playbook back after 18 months. I assume there's been no progress on getting a different OS onto the Playbook?
    The Playbook is a paper weight! If you really need a table with expand ability then you need to look at something either from Apple or an Android device.
    01-08-15 09:52 AM
    What a waste of good electronics. Maybe my 5 year old will find use for it.
    01-08-15 10:51 AM
    I lost my PlayBook 16GB about 24hrs ago.
    It ended up the other side of London.

Am so glad to be reunited with it, and its battery was still in the green, just hit yellow and still on

jtvberry
    01-08-15 11:49 AM
    01-08-15 12:25 PM
    I have been using my PlayBook quite a lot lately, and using the Z30 for Skype and other things. I am enjoying using it for work items more now. I still love her, and always will. :-)

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-08-15 02:43 PM
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this is brilliant
    01-09-15 03:16 AM
    Okay, that article is hilarious!! I do still occasionally use my PlayBook to surf the web. It seems to be getting slower at that though. The kids still like playing car games on it.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    01-10-15 07:14 PM
    No--Apk2Bar is a website. You need to first download the .apk file you want then upload it to the conversion space on PlayBook .apk to .bar converter
    Well there is a little bit more working out than just the conversion.

The apk website has to recognise your PB device, done by recognising your PB IP address and submitting a password on your device and the PC you intend to use over the same internet connection "hopefully"

Though I have never met you, I feel that I know you well be your un-half-heartedness

Good Luck My Friend

jtvberry
    01-10-15 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    You keep going junny89, don't you be disheartened with your innovative mind though others seem like they can't be bothered to think.
    Yes BlackBerry CEOs may be pulling the plugs on their device but just think.
    How is that going to stop you innovating.

Hold It Up My Friend

jtvberry
    01-10-15 11:55 PM
    I still have my 64g wifi I bought when it first came out.

It's showing it's age for sure. Specially in speed and screen quality/ppi

I keep it on its charging dock on my night stand as a clock/alarm. .
    I use it before bed for reading using Kindle app (sideloaded), browse Web or play a game. I also use it in the morning to quickly check weather and news headlines.
    I also have it briged to my Passport so I can text and BBM and it's also paired to my BlackBerry music gateway in my living room sound system for playing locally stored music or streaming.

So overall, I still use it despite the non-existent support and laughable app store.

I still think there is no other tablet that can multi task as good as the BlackBerry Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-11-15 02:27 AM
    Well i finally swapped out the usb board and bought the rapid charger dock. Love this device!! It's full of videos and photos and always take it on holiday with me.

Bridge is also awesome. The screen is good and so is ppi, just wifi is weak and browsing can be a bit slow i agree. It's a old device had it since day one.

Is there a website where i can just download all the bar files from?

Thanks for all the comments! Shame i cant use my passports apk files on the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-11-15 07:35 AM
    I just performed a security wipe on my 64G PB. Then I only reinstalled the handful of apps I am really using. I can't believe how much better the tablet is now working. For example, the native browser has become far more responsive.

Do your PB a favor: a fresh start after a security wipe.

Pierre
    jtv1 likes this.
    01-11-15 08:36 AM
    Well i finally swapped out the usb board and bought the rapid charger dock. Love this device!! It's full of videos and photos and always take it on holiday with me.

Bridge is also awesome. The screen is good and so is ppi, just wifi is weak and browsing can be a bit slow i agree. It's a old device had it since day one.

Is there a website where i can just download all the bar files from?

Thanks for all the comments! Shame i cant use my passports apk files on the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    The best website known, is called: goodEreader

Be aware that some apps, might not work, this may be due to some dependencies, like: the age of the app created and so forth.

Good Luck

jtvberry
    01-11-15 09:27 AM
    I just performed a security wipe on my 64G PB. Then I only reinstalled the handful of apps I am really using. I can't believe how much better the tablet is now working. For example, the native browser has become far more responsive.

Do your PB a favor: a fresh start after a security wipe.

Pierre
    Brilliant (y)

jtvberry
    01-11-15 09:28 AM
27 12