- CrackBerry Abuser
12-31-2012, 04:22 PM #2
- 216 Posts
To set a picture as wallpaper, select the picture in the photos file, swipe down from the top, and hit Set as Wallpaper. Playbook pictures should be 1024 x 1024 for optimal usage as wallpaper; that way the picture will be centered in either portrait or landscape. What shows is the center of the picture. Pictures 1024 x 600 will work in landscape. There are various threads here on cropping pictures to use as wallpaper, and a few apps that will allow you to do it.
- 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM #3
yes but even with all that it does not set the background in the "proper size" they get "ZOOMED IN".... this is the only thing that bothers me on the PB...I have made TONS of wallpapers and you have to make it so it "fits properly" it does this so the wallpaper you choose will fit both oriantations (land/port) so what I do is just make it landscape as I laways lock my oriantation to landscape anyways
- 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM #5
yes thats true BUT other devices don't ZOOM IN the background like the PB does... you just don't SEE parts of the backgroound when switching from port to land or vice versa...but the pic remains untouched (or unscaled) when you set a background as your wallpaper
- CrackBerry User
01-01-2013, 10:40 AM #7
- 68 Posts
I have that app, 'perfect wallpaper setter' and it works perfectly. I was very frustrated by the zoomed in background pics as well, as I change it frequently. The app will solve your problems and you can also crop the pics so you can focus on part of a picture to use as a background rather than the whole thing.Chapple13
Z10 and loving it!
Torch 9800 (retired, not forgotten)
PB 32 gb
PB 64 gb
We don't need no stinking Ipads!
- 01-01-2013, 02:56 PM #9Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
- By mitch8 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM
- By mitch8 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM
- By sna2760 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
- By tjprez in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:11 AM
- By og809 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2008, 03:29 AM