Good news for aviators using the Playbook. I know it's been frustrating not being able to get Foreflight and other such aviation apps for the Playbook.

Fltplan.com has had an awesome free app for Android for a while now and they just ported it over for the Playbook. It's a great app with flight planning, weather briefs with Notams and radar, Approach Charts, Weight and Balance calculator, tools such as crosswind calculators, fuel and temp conversion calculators.

Unlike the droid version, this version is missing the moving maps feature. There is a bug with the app as well. Canadian Approach Charts do not open up in your PDF viewer automatically. I've already emailed support and am hoping they'll fix the issue.

The app can be found on BB world at:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

Title: Flight Plan FltPlan.com Mobile

Happy Flying!

John
    05-22-13 12:56 PM
    thanks for sharing.

too bad the big service providers wont bring their apps to a bb os, flying with icao/faa charts is not that comfi.
    EAPENJJ likes this.
    05-22-13 02:05 PM
    thanks for sharing.

too bad the big service providers wont bring their apps to a bb os, flying with icao/faa charts is not that comfi.
    Hopefully they are just waiting for BB10 to be released for the Playbook... A chart/flight app for the phone sized screen does not make to much sense..
    05-22-13 03:35 PM
    I am going to have to check this out.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:48 PM
    Hopefully they are just waiting for BB10 to be released for the Playbook... A chart/flight app for the phone sized screen does not make to much sense..
    at least i know that the market leader in aviation data is not waiting for our pb getting bb10, they are not even bringing an android app, they only focus on ipad, sadly
    05-22-13 11:38 PM
    A quick update - the approach chart feature works really well for US airports. There is a bug for the Canadian ones - support is working on this and they have advised me that an update will be released soon!

It's a decent app and I honestly hope they give us more Android aviation apps that can be ported over to the Playbook/BB 10 devices. I really do hope we get BB10 for the Playbook soon! Can't believe BB doesn't care about Playbook now - their marketing guys are really strange. Wouldn't you want to excite your current Playbook owners. Honestly if BB doesn't care that I have been a loyal BB fan since 2007 and have a BB 9900 and a Playbook, then that's really sad.

Bottomline, if BB can't deliver on aviation apps especially for the Playbook, I'm ditching my 9900 and the Playbook and going with an Iphone and Ipad!
    05-23-13 03:27 AM
    A quick update - the approach chart feature works really well for US airports. There is a bug for the Canadian ones - support is working on this and they have advised me that an update will be released soon!

It's a decent app and I honestly hope they give us more Android aviation apps that can be ported over to the Playbook/BB 10 devices. I really do hope we get BB10 for the Playbook soon! Can't believe BB doesn't care about Playbook now - their marketing guys are really strange. Wouldn't you want to excite your current Playbook owners. Honestly if BB doesn't care that I have been a loyal BB fan since 2007 and have a BB 9900 and a Playbook, then that's really sad.

Bottomline, if BB can't deliver on aviation apps especially for the Playbook, I'm ditching my 9900 and the Playbook and going with an Iphone and Ipad!
    I've reached that point just this week, though I will probably have an Android phone with the iPad.
    05-23-13 12:54 PM
    This is awesome, thank you very much for sharing this info. The other app that I really like and its only available on Android is called "Aviation Tools Free", I have tried to contact the person several times but got no reply, I would really like to get that app on BlackBerry 10 OS, Here is the link to YouTube demo:

05-23-13 01:36 PM
    I think you are going to have to port this over yourself. BB really doesn't care about plabyook owners - they are not bringing BB ten over. I'll keep using the playbook till I'm read/can afford an Ipad and an Iphone. I'm getting frustrated with my BB 9900, as well. Nobody seems to make apps for BB anymore - plain fact!
    07-05-13 05:39 PM
    Could do with this in the UK, playbook so much better in my opinion for flight deck, especially for single engine

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    07-05-13 05:48 PM
    Could do with this in the UK, playbook so much better in my opinion for flight deck, especially for single engine

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    Also smaller footprint for helo....but BBRY does not think of these things for users...
    07-05-13 06:06 PM