Does anyone know if RIM is looking to introduce support for AC3 or OGG codecs in 2.0 final? It's beyond frustrating having video play fine but no audio.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
    12-27-11 11:19 PM
    Does anyone know if RIM is looking to introduce support for AC3 or OGG codecs in 2.0 final? It's beyond frustrating having video play fine but no audio.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey, a new, award winning movie is silent - consider the pb ahead of the game!

I think I've read they'd need to license the ac3 from, is it, Dolby.
    12-27-11 11:43 PM
    I doubt anyone outside of RIM knows. What are those codecs used for? So far, anytime I could get a video to play, it had sound...
    12-28-11 01:06 AM
    I doubt anyone outside of RIM knows. What are those codecs used for? So far, anytime I could get a video to play, it had sound...
    AC3 is the audio codec used for Dolby Digital Surround Sound. It's pretty standard in 1080p video.
    12-29-11 11:10 AM
    I think I've read they'd need to license the ac3 from, is it, Dolby.
    This is my understanding too, I haven't heard anything about adding support for it yet either.
    12-29-11 11:17 AM
    im having the same issues. i transferred some movies over and video works perfect, but no sound plays.

is there any solution?
    12-30-11 10:59 AM
    Re-encode the audio using handbrake
    12-30-11 11:23 AM
    Re-encode the audio using handbrake

Thanks for the input, i've downloaded this software to my pc...i just don't know what to do at this point.

what codec should i be converting this to???
    12-30-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD