I have an issue with my PB which is, at worst, mildly annoying. How annoying, exactly? It's exactly annoying enough that I am just now annoyed enough to post about it, and it's been happening since I upgraded to OS 2.0 -- which I did about 15 minutes after it was available.

The issue is with the Audio Boost warning. This warning should appear when you plug a mini-phone connector into the headphone jack, since it's intended to indemnify RIM against hearing damage caused by overly loud headphones. However, on my PB, it never pops up when I plug something into that jack; it instead pops up only when I unplug a connector from that jack. Yes, that's right: it warns me against headphone volume when I unplug a set of headphones. (Okay, I don't actually use headphones; I only plug the PB's headphone jack into the audio input of a home, car, or motorcycle stereo. And no, I don't have a handlebar mount for my PB; I use the PB/bike combo to stream Pandora while I'm working in the garage, not while I'm riding. For that, I use my BB, for which I do have a handlebar mount.)

As I initially stated, this is only mildly annoying -- and of course a little humorous -- and it's not annoying enough to make me go through the process of wiping or debricking the device. But it brings up the fact that there's no option I can find to permanently dismiss the Audio Boost warning message on the PB, like there is on the BB. And this is the real problem; where is that option?
    Last edited by cletis; 03-31-12 at 07:48 PM.
    03-31-12 01:10 PM
    For me, the warning only appears when enabling the option in the Options, and doesn't appear for either plugging something into the jack or unplugging.
    03-31-12 01:15 PM
    What's funny for me..when I plug my headphones in, turn on my music, stick it in a case and go for a walk, I get to a more quiet song, I turn it up, and it goes into the "red zone" and works. But after when I go to use my PB the warning is there for me to accept.

I agree with permanent dismissal. Please let me damage my hearing without reminding me everytime. Making me feel all guilty and stuff.
    03-31-12 01:22 PM
    It opens up about 5 times when I plug in my HDMI cable which is quite annoying.
    03-31-12 01:55 PM
    My experience matches cletis, the warning appears (sometimes) when the audio cable is UNplugged. Ideally it would appear once only when the setting is made.
    03-31-12 02:32 PM
    That's pretty funny. I would love it if my PB could deliver enough volume through my BT headphones to damage my ears, instead of the max whisper I receive. Wired phones are fine, but BT is just too low.
    03-31-12 03:49 PM
    In OS 1.0 it popped the warning up when I plugged headphones in but with 2.0 it comically warns me when I unplug them. I use the extra volume for line in on the car stereo mostly, not actually with headphones.
    03-31-12 03:56 PM
    My experience matches cletis, the warning appears (sometimes) when the audio cable is UNplugged. Ideally it would appear once only when the setting is made.
    Yeah, I failed to specify that it doesn't happen every single time I unplug, only sometimes -- just like you, Jeff.

In OS 1.0 it popped the warning up when I plugged headphones in but with 2.0 it comically warns me when I unplug them. I use the extra volume for line in on the car stereo mostly, not actually with headphones.
    So my supposition that I'm not the only one is validated. Thanks for chiming in.
    03-31-12 06:55 PM
    Yeah, I get it every morning when I unplug my speakers after a shower.
    03-31-12 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD