Hi,

Apparently, some people have a new 'switch' in the 'sounds and notifications' section of the settings screen that allows 'Audio Boost' to be turned on and off. Others (including me) don't...
    Is it a locale based thing? Does anyone know?
    Could people say on this thread where (which country) they live, and whether they have the 'Audio Boost' switch in the 'Sounds and Notifications' screen...(?)
    02-22-13 09:18 AM
    It's a Euro thing. If you go into Settings/Language, and change it to English/US, you'll get the audio boost button.
    Buck2245 and phylez like this.
    02-22-13 09:30 AM
    Ahh, Ok, I'll give it a try when I get home...
    One other question - what IS Audio Boost? Is it just a louder-volume thing??
    02-22-13 10:06 AM
    It's a Euro thing. If you go into Settings/Language, and change it to English/US, you'll get the audio boost button.
    I am in Austria and have the latest OS update. My country and language settings have always been set to English and the U.S. But nothing has changed. The only audio boost I have is for headphones and was there before this update. Any suggestions?
    02-22-13 11:54 AM
    One other question - what IS Audio Boost? Is it just a louder-volume thing??
    Audio Boost is a headphone only thing. The Euros limit headphone volume to prevent hearing loss. Audio Boost overrides these limits.
    02-22-13 12:09 PM
    Guess I already had audio boost because I always updated using the US update via a proxy server. I updated this last time with the "foreign" version. Are there any (major) differences between the US and foreign versions? If so, maybe I should do an update via proxy again.
    02-22-13 12:26 PM
    The Euros limit headphone volume to prevent hearing loss.
    and here i thought you could just turn the volume down.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 12:28 PM
    I always had an audio boost option
    02-22-13 11:55 PM
    I always had an audio boost option
    02-23-13 01:53 AM
    and here i thought you could just turn the volume down.
    As simple minded Europeans we cannot be trusted with decisions. We have to have an inordinate number of useless, ineffective, overpaid bs talking Euro MP's to make decisions on our behalf while they employ children under 5yrs old to see them safely across the street!
    dangerousfen likes this.
    02-23-13 11:24 AM
    As simple minded Europeans we cannot be trusted with decisions. We have to have an inordinate number of useless, ineffective, overpaid bs talking Euro MP's to make decisions on our behalf while they employ children under 5yrs old to see them safely across the street!
    I couldn' t have said it any better SOM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-23-13 11:28 AM
    I couldn' t have said it any better SOM.
    Oh deary deary me. Not someone else that truly understands that there are 12 pence to the shilling and 240 pennies to the pound? The pasties are out and ready for you along with the Brandy (not French, don't like the Europeans anymore), Ouzo, Bourbon, Red Wine, Tequila, Gin, Baileys, Martinis (home made).
    02-23-13 12:00 PM
    I am from uk and wondered where audio boost was after update.I just read your post,and the guy who said you need language set to uk/us is right if you set to us the headphone audio boost option is there ,if you put language back to uk it disappears.not sure why they have done this as it should be an update for all countrys.
    02-23-13 01:57 PM
    I am from uk and wondered where audio boost was after update.I just read your post,and the guy who said you need language set to uk/us is right if you set to us the headphone audio boost option is there ,if you put language back to uk it disappears.not sure why they have done this as it should be an update for all countrys.
    Simply because the US is not a member of the EU.

P's. They don't eat pasties either but don't hold that against them.
    02-23-13 02:09 PM
    Must be because the uk had the feature all along. It popped up for me ages when using headphones.
    02-23-13 09:51 PM
    I've tried both us and uk ,and it only turns up on us for me,I live in uk.I've even tried checking it after plugging headphones in on uk but nothing.I'm not sure if when I downloaded update wether language was set as us or uk and this might affect the update
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 05:25 AM
    I've tried both us and uk ,and it only turns up on us for me,I live in uk.I've even tried checking it after plugging headphones in on uk but nothing.I'm not sure if when I downloaded update wether language was set as us or uk and this might affect the update
    Exactly the same for me. The thing is that the button is such a nice one. How come they only get it in the US?

Come to think of it we have pasties and they don't so I suppose it's only fair.
    02-24-13 06:46 AM
    Come to think of it we have pasties and they don't so I suppose it's only fair.
    We have pasties here, it's just most guys prefer it when the girls don't wear them.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 07:22 AM
    We have pasties here, it's just most guys prefer it when the girls don't wear them.
    Are they edible?
    02-24-13 07:26 AM
    Are they edible?
    I'd give it a try.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-24-13 07:35 AM
    I'd give it a try.
    Now I am intrigued! If I knew how to work that Google thingy I would try to find it. However as I'm less than endowed in the mental department, what do they look like?
    02-24-13 07:40 AM
    This makes sense.
    Don't you like brandy?
    02-24-13 07:46 AM
    i,ve changed the language from UK to US but the audio boost option is still not appearing...
    06-20-14 09:25 AM