Do any of you use audible on the playbook? I am a confessed audible addict and I am not having any luck with it. Any ideas?
    05-21-12 08:35 AM
    I have no ideas. Audible has worked fine on my playbook and my Tour. Now if I could figure out how to burn them to CD with either Nero or Itunes as audible says they can.
    Good Luck,
    Tony Renier
    05-21-12 03:01 PM
    Isn't that a audible book reading app available only for the BlackBerry handsets? Pricey at $7.95/month for the first three months, and then $14.95 per month thereafter.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 05-21-12 at 03:17 PM.
    05-21-12 03:13 PM
    Do any of you use audible on the playbook? I am a confessed audible addict and I am not having any luck with it. Any ideas?
    I don't have an account but I can navigate through site and listen to samples. What are you having trouble with?
    05-21-12 03:38 PM
    Isn't that a audible book reading app available only for the BlackBerry handsets? Pricey at $7.95/month for the first three months, and then $14.95 per month thereafter.
    That's the price of audible's service, I have it on both and on my windows computer. When I drive to Chicago and back (at least once a month to visit my son) it would be great to have the books on CD. Thank God I have a jack to hook my BB into the stereo on my car.
    14.95 is pretty cheap for a book these days and I usually don't have the time to set aside to sit down and read.
    05-21-12 03:59 PM
    That's the price of audible's service, I have it on both and on my windows computer. When I drive to Chicago and back (at least once a month to visit my son) it would be great to have the books on CD. Thank God I have a jack to hook my BB into the stereo on my car.
    14.95 is pretty cheap for a book these days and I usually don't have the time to set aside to sit down and read.
    I understand, but the OP and yourself alluded to it being on the PlayBook, for which there is no app for that.
    05-21-12 04:20 PM
    yeah I can listen to samples on the site and nav the site just fine on the playbook. What I cannot do is download and listen to books in my audible library. I do have it on my 9810... though we have to deal with an app that was written for the 9800 so the resolution is all wrong. It complicates things but it works. Playbook acces is what I really want though. Hoping the app player would come through.
    05-23-12 09:02 AM
    I also emailed Audible to develope a playbook app. Of course I got the standard response.
    05-23-12 10:33 AM
    Yeah I generally email them once a day... Thanks for chipping in though.
    05-23-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD