HOLY **** $99 for playbook set up, protection and support>??? what a jip!!
    11-09-11 12:04 AM
    If enough customers asked about the PlayBook the stores would fix the display units. I just don't think there is that much interest in the market for it.
    I thought good old Jobs told you that most people don't know what they want until you tell them.
    11-09-11 05:30 AM
    I thought good old Jobs told you that most people don't know what they want until you tell them.
    You've got that right. Unfortunately, Rim tried telling people that they did not need native email and that went over like a lead balloon. Then relying on webemail, there was no easy way to correct typos and no spell-fixing - that went over like a lead "balon"!

I admit I was one of those who purchased based on rim's INTIMATIONS. I really did expect stuff by Summer. There were enough hedges after that that I did not expect fixes in any timely manner and, yes, have continuously complained after that. As some in this thread have suggested - no effort to sell a tablet that is not creating a sense of buzz anymore makes sense - unfortunately.

I for one want them to fix the damn tablet and sell millions but they are in competition and they are not competing.
    adamman likes this.
    11-09-11 09:09 AM
    Unfortunately, another Staples horror story...

I went into a certain Staples store, my first time there, and the demo playbook was 'sick'.
    Swipes didn't work properly, I couldn't close apps, very laggy,...unlike a normal (wonderful) pb. I asked the salesperson "wtf". He said the anti-theft security system is 'bugging' the pb. I don't know, maybe this pb was defective as playbooks in other stores didn't have this problem.
    11-10-11 07:13 PM
    RIM has given up on the Playbook for the most part. They discounted the **** out of it to move units, but have done little (nothing) to market and correct the issues that it got bad reviews for. My feeling is we won't see RIM do anything for the Playbook until at least February, and by that time they might be getting ready to move on to some new hardware depending on what chipset they standardize on for the BBX phones. As for fixing things at a store, I've hit the update button on a few Playbooks that were actually talking to WiFi, but BestBuy is awful. I bought a Playbook at full price, and I bought two 9900 and two 9360 in October to support RIM. They should be putting some of the profits of those sales to hire a rep for the Northern VA area to address issues (probably a huge BB population in this area). Instead they take that money and build BlackBerry stores overseas to go after the new growth. I feel they are abandoning putting any effort into the US market.
    11-11-11 07:22 AM
    I went to a Futureshop here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and there was a diligent employee with a pocket full of micro cloths, polishing screens on demo tablets. Even our PB's were getting some love. Next time I'm in the store I will take a picture on how display counters should look.
    11-11-11 07:49 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD