Since the latest update attachments in my bridge email no longer open consistently. Maybe half or more don't open (I think the ones that don't open are mostly word documents but I get a lot of word documents as attachments). I do get the tap download, it appears to download but never opens. Usually once an attachment is downloaded you will also get a tap to open message. This does not appear. Once I have tried unsuccessfully to open an attachment the icon no longer shows either a tap to download or tap to open. Once a message gets in this state it stays that way regardless of whether I reboot the play book or not. I have tried to search the playbook using the files and folders app but I can't find the file anywhere. If it actually downloaded it is in some hidden location that I can't see.

I should add when the message gets in this state if I tap the body of the message it tries to open up a web browser window. It goes to a blank white page called untitled and nothing happens which just seems strange to me.

Is there a way of fixing this?

I have to say that with the loss of spell checking/predictive text and now this issue I am about to give up on the playbook. I got it to be a work tool to extend the usefulness of my blackberry but if can't do simple business functions there just is no point. The idea of being free of my laptop was a nice one but the reality is that I need something that is dependable and at this point the playbook isn't.
    Last edited by Roamer55; 04-20-12 at 09:10 AM.
    04-20-12 08:52 AM
    After some more investigation I think I know what is going on. It appears that if I try to open an attachment that is in a reply that I sent it tries to upload the attachment instead of downloading it an opening it. Instead of a downloading message I get one that it's uploading. I can kind of understand this behavior but in my view its not how it should work and it isn't how most other email systems work nor is it how my bold 9900 works. It appears attachments in emails I receive open fine. Attachments that were originally emailed to me and which I reply to also do not open unless I open them from the original message. Any attachment in a reply gets the uploading treatment.

This isn't as bad as I thought but still means the playbook is not that useful for me since I most often originate these documents. When I go to a meeting to discuss them or get emailed a reply or question I can't access them on playbook.
    04-20-12 12:32 PM
    ??? Are people changing the attachment and sending it back to you? I guess I'm not understanding as I've never had the need to open an attachment I'm sending or in a reply.
    04-20-12 12:55 PM
    After some more investigation I think I know what is going on. It appears that if I try to open an attachment that is in a reply that I sent it tries to upload the attachment instead of downloading it an opening it. Instead of a downloading message I get one that it's uploading. I can kind of understand this behavior but in my view its not how it should work and it isn't how most other email systems work nor is it how my bold 9900 works. It appears attachments in emails I receive open fine. Attachments that were originally emailed to me and which I reply to also do not open unless I open them from the original message. Any attachment in a reply gets the uploading treatment.

This isn't as bad as I thought but still means the playbook is not that useful for me since I most often originate these documents. When I go to a meeting to discuss them or get emailed a reply or question I can't access them on playbook.
    Send Alec Saunders a message on Twitter. Although he is the VP, Developer Relations he should have contacts within the BlackBerry PlayBook development team. It is these small things which the company repeatedly overlooks or outright ignores. By the way, if the BlackBerry PlayBook development team is using Agile or another equally stupid development methodology it would explain much of the fixed in one release, broken in another release issue arising with the operating system and user environment of this otherwise fine tablet.
    04-20-12 01:04 PM
    I had the same issues and after spending about 10 hours on the phone with RIM over 3 days it was found that the SD card on my phone was corrupt and bringing down the curroption to my playbook

I had to reboot the playbook as original and reformat my SD card on the phone and that completley cured the issue
    05-31-12 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD