Hi

I have been troubleshooting some problems with bridge attachments since day 1 and still have not had any success.
    Paired with my Torch (6.0.0.526) every time I try to open an attachment from an email (.xls, .pdf ) on the playbook, the download progress bar gets 98% of the way, then stops and does nothing.

Thinking that this could be a problem with the ancient BES my company is using, I activated a Curve 9800 on a BES 5.0.2, and paired with my same playbook.
    When I forward those same attachments from my Torch to the 8900, they download without any issues, however once complete, it says "Attachment not on media card"

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    05-05-11 09:01 AM
    While I can't shed any particular light, I do share your pain.

My office has 2 playbooks, both linked to Tour 9630s on BES. One can view any kind of attachment from an email via bridge. The other can view .doc and .xls files problems, but experiences the same "never finished downloading" issue with .pdf files. The .pdf files are viewable on the phone, but there is no option to save them to the phone's SD card and I can't find where they are being saved anywhere int he phone's file system.

I spent about 5 hours on tech support with RIM the other day trying to figure out this nonsense. In the end they downloaded log files from the phone and the PB and send them to Level 3 tech support for analysis. They are supposed to call me back tomorrow to indicate what they have found. I have my fingers crossed for some kind of solution, as the inability to read .pdf attachments on the PB is really ticking me off! >(
    05-05-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD