went to a att store with a friend because he had asked about the playbook. to my surprise there was no playbook on display but whats worse is there was only 1 blackberry phone on display the 9810
    10-14-11 02:00 PM
    I don't think the AT&T stores are selling playbooks. I haven't seen it at any AT&T stores locally for me either. But only 1 BB is pretty bad.
    10-14-11 02:14 PM
    ATT doesnt sell the playbook
    10-14-11 02:15 PM
    AT&T doesn't sell the playbook because there isn't a GSM board in it. If AT&T can't get that monthly data charge from you, then they aren't going to sell it. I believe it's the same with the iPad WiFi only and both AT&T as well as Verizon.
    10-14-11 02:34 PM
    AT&T doesn't sell the playbook because there isn't a GSM board in it. If AT&T can't get that monthly data charge from you, then they aren't going to sell it. I believe it's the same with the iPad WiFi only and both AT&T as well as Verizon.
    Verizon originally sold the iPad wi-fi along side one of their "myfi" type products; this may have changed when the CDMA iPad 2 was released, though.
    10-14-11 02:40 PM
    i know we can't pick any up from Verizon through corporate channels, we had to go retail with our electronics reseller.
    10-14-11 02:41 PM
    went to a att store with a friend because he had asked about the playbook. to my surprise there was no playbook on display but whats worse is there was only 1 blackberry phone on display the 9810
    The 9810 is the only OS7 device they sell right now. They may still sell an old curve.
    10-14-11 02:49 PM
    well **** thats pretty bad. only 1 phone out of the whole line up. crap on that. oh well I'm stuck with att for other reasons so it is what it is. to tell you the truth I'm about fed up with all this stuff anyway
    10-14-11 05:38 PM
    Join the vast crowd of unsatisfied people with AT&T
    10-14-11 06:29 PM
    Join the vast crowd of unsatisfied people with AT&T
    ATT is so greedy that they can not even see that they are causing customers to flee or desire to flee by the bus loads. Now that they do not own the only right to the sacred IPHONE cow they will soon be facing a down side once the 2 yr contracts start expiring.
    10-14-11 07:19 PM
    as mentioned, there's not a cell service provider selling the playbook.

as for the blackberry presence at the att store, it seems greatly diminished. though i have seen more than the 9810, you now have to look to find blackberrys among devices on display at the att store. don't want to read too much into things but it doesn't look especially good.
    10-14-11 09:14 PM
    I can't believe even on the website the only new os7 device they have is the 9810. good lord what a mess
    10-15-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD