Ok.....with the new bridge update ATT blocked my bridge browser until I buy a tethering plan.........Knew it was probably coming but annoyed none the less especially when paying an extra $45 for the Blackberry Enterprise service.

Here is my question.......my ATT plan expires next month. Are any other carriers charging tethering charges for using the Bridge browser?

Anyone know of a workaround?

That is for when the fix the bridge problem in 1.07.
    07-19-11 07:52 PM
    Go to Verizon. Mine works good.
    07-19-11 07:54 PM
    ditto what whack said.

Verizon is better anyway. AT&T is the only carrier in the world that did that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Jared DiPane; 07-19-11 at 08:09 PM. Reason: language
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-19-11 08:02 PM
    How did AT&T block it exactly?

07-19-11 08:03 PM
    Did you install from app world or did you install from the ota link in the forums?

07-19-11 08:07 PM
    How did AT&T block it exactly?

twisted balsillie's arm until he got the coders to make a bridge app for at&t that doesnt include the browser i believe.

07-19-11 08:08 PM
    Don't know the how behind it but when i try to open the Bridge browser a screen pops up telling me to call ATT to have tethering added to my account. Been with them forever.....this is the final straw.
    07-19-11 08:10 PM
    originally ota link, but then got an app world message that i was using an old version.
    07-19-11 08:12 PM
    Yeah. You got the "AT&T f***s you" version of bridge. Search the forums here for the proper version. The ota version they call it here.

07-19-11 08:13 PM
    again the big question is where did you get the update from? Did you download it from appworld or did you download it from the OTA on crackberry? With ATT you'd be better off never downloading it from appworld until we know for sure that they can block bridge browser no matter where you download Blackberry Bridge. I wonder, if you did download it from appworld, if you uninstalled it, rebooted, and installed the CB OTA version. Would bridge browser work or is the damage already done?
    07-19-11 08:14 PM
    I agree it should not matter but it does. If you download from app world bridge browser is disabled. I would switch if I could get my unlimited international plan with someone else. I think as of now only att blocks the bridge browser.

07-19-11 08:18 PM
    I agree it should not matter but it does. If you download from app world bridge browser is disabled. I would switch if I could get my unlimited international plan with someone else. I think as of now only att blocks the bridge browser.

Tmobile has an unlimited international plan and only $20 per month. I'm probably switching to them from Sprint when the new berries come out.
    07-19-11 08:23 PM
    already shopping for my new bb phone on the verizon site. I'm done with ATT.
    therapyreject174 likes this.
    07-19-11 08:24 PM
    Isn't T-mobile merging with ATT?
    07-19-11 08:25 PM
    i originally downloaded Bridge from Appworld, and Browser was blocked by AT&T. I deleted bridge and downloaded OTA version from a CB forum, and browser is working fully. So far, AT&T can't do a permanent block it appears.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-19-11 08:27 PM
    Isn't T-mobile merging with ATT?
    They submitted a request to merge, but it has yet to be approved.
    07-19-11 08:28 PM
    Ok.....with the new bridge update ATT blocked my bridge browser until I buy a tethering plan.........
    Are you sure (as in 100%) that you clicked on the Bridge Browser, and you got a message about having to buy a tethering plan? Last time i checked the tethering message pops up when I try to enable / setup the Internet Tethering.

And when you did, you had your AT&T BB phone Bridged into your Playbook?

What's your setup? Phone, Provider, Version, PB version as well, please.
    07-19-11 09:19 PM
    in an effort to help others avoid this same BS combo,
    what version of Bridge are you using?
    what PB OS are you running?
    07-19-11 09:22 PM
    already shopping for my new bb phone on the verizon site. I'm done with ATT.
    Why would you buy a device now, when the 99xx is just months away? Just download the ota and be done with it. I'm with at&t and have no issues using the newest bridge (ota) and OS 1.0.7 on the PB
    howarmat likes this.
    07-20-11 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD