Okay, I'm BB thru and thru, yada yada yada. Any ways, I am in the market for a new tablet. My PB was bought on day one as i stood in line 2 hours before office max opened (well if you call stanind in line by yourself :-)), had the whole time but was excited aobut an upgrade. Then the "news" came out last week. I have looked into the Surface RT but not sure i can handle the W8 platform. Then i stumbled on the Asus transformer. Any thoughts or input on this one?
    07-02-13 12:26 PM
    The Asus transformer and the transformer prime are in my view among the best tablets on the market. They are fantastic. However... I hate to say it, but I find the user experience of the iPad to be superior. It pains me to say, because I've been pretty anti-Apple for many years.

Asus is one of very few companies I trust to make good, reliable, solid hardware. I have heard of so few problems on the tablets, and having used one quite a bit myself, I definitely say that it's worth it.

Surface RT, until 8.1 is released, is not overly viable. It's an okay platform, but is just not that great.
    Tim1131 likes this.
    07-02-13 12:30 PM
    is the 7" version any count? I love my PB and trying to stay in that smaller form factor. AND, this is android, correct? Will all my Laptop (windows) and Phone (Z10) music, video and Microsoft (xcell, word, etc) files work on this one?
    07-02-13 12:46 PM
    See if you like Android before you put good money into it. Most places have a 2 week return policy. Utilize this.

I have owned the ASUS Transformer and the Nexus 7 but just can't get into the Android way of life. Got full refunds for both.

I recommend the iPad mini over any Android device any day. I still prefer the PlayBook OS, but if you want something else, go mini.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:20 PM
    Okay, I'm BB thru and thru, yada yada yada. Any ways, I am in the market for a new tablet. My PB was bought on day one as i stood in line 2 hours before office max opened (well if you call stanind in line by yourself :-)), had the whole time but was excited aobut an upgrade. Then the "news" came out last week. I have looked into the Surface RT but not sure i can handle the W8 platform. Then i stumbled on the Asus transformer. Any thoughts or input on this one?
    Note that RT is not the same as Win 8. RT runs on ARM processor not x86 (Intel) processor. So you can't load standard Windows programs on it, only those from the Microsoft Store. There appears to be a 8" Win 8 tablet by Acer:
    Acer's 8-inch Iconia W3 is the first one-handed Windows 8 tablet | The Verge

F2 has some experience with it:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...o-what-824219/
    07-02-13 01:20 PM
    My brother used the transformer and gave it 2 thumbs. For me I am a PlayBook guy from day 1 but recently I got the Sony s tablet because of the integrated infrared which makes it more functional than just a tablet. Although I love it's functionality I have to say android jellybean is not as smooth and polished like the PlayBook OS, BB10,or IOS.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:36 PM
    I have the original transformer tablet and it's excellent.

Never had any issues, and despite being fairly old hardware (my Z10 has better specs right now) it still functions great.

It got me through a year of college and I am hoping it will do the same again

Posted in the pooper
    07-02-13 01:43 PM
    I am having issues switching to an android tablet. I have Windows Laptop (work) and BB Z10. So i am thinking windows is for me. What are my options on the 7" windows tablet...?
    07-02-13 01:58 PM
    I am having issues switching to an android tablet. I have Windows Laptop (work) and BB Z10. So i am thinking windows is for me. What are my options on the 7" windows tablet...?
    No Windows 7" tablets at the moment. Microsoft appears to be working on one.
    07-02-13 02:01 PM
    I have the Transformer TF101 running JellyBean 4.2.2 (?) or close to that. TeamEOS4 mod anyway. Runs pretty good for a first gen Asus tablet. Officially, they don't support JellyBean but the mod works fine.

I like it. Except for the 10" form factor, which I find cumbersome. I much prefer 7", that's my only regret.
    07-02-13 02:21 PM
    I wouldn't get the Asus Transformer simply because the current model has been out for over a year already. I would look into the Nexus 7*, the Xperia Tablet Z or one of the newer Galaxy Note tablets for Android based tablets. The iPad 4 and iPad Mini aren't too bad if you don't mind Apple.

*The Nexus 7 successor is coming out this month supposedly.
    07-02-13 04:11 PM
    Asus have big quality control issues, so I would exercise caution in buying anything of theirs.

I have owned an Asus Prime and a Nexus 7. The Prime rebooted randomly, while the Nexus 7 was utterly bricked just 24 hours after purchase.

I will not purchase anything Asus again.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 04:25 PM
    the original transformer and it was great. I loved mine. I recently purchased a nook HD+ which now can run play store and all android apps and such. I love the slightly small size over the transformer. Specs are good (almost the same as z10) and you can get them for under $200. Nexus 7 is also top of my list, the wife loves hers. Its built by Asus. I wouldnt mind another current version of the transformer but i just find the full 10 inch size a little much for me.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 04:30 PM
    ASUS is a very good company with great computing products. I bought the ASUS VivoTab RT TF600T-B1-GR 10" 32GB tablet with Windows 8RT that has free Microsoft Office built in and a charging keyboard dock included. It was really easy to go from the playbook os to win8rt full touch with swipe motions. I also have a 16" Sony VAIO laptop with win8 pro so it was a very natural transition to the ASUS. I still have and use my PB almost daily because of the portability of the 7" tablet, but the TF600 is very thin and light w/o the dock/keyboard attached. The ASUS TF700 Infinity looks great if you want an Android: ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T - Tablet & Mobile - ASUS
    07-03-13 06:02 AM