Arabic does not display correctly on the Playbook, whether in the browser or in word documents. Does anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks,

Mohammad
    05-17-11 09:37 PM
    Salam Mohamed. Arabic reads fine on my browser and in bridged emails. Don't know what you're doing wrong...

I have Arabic enabled on my 9700 which probably explains the bridged emails, but browser shows fine too.
    05-18-11 03:34 AM
    Reads fine on mine too!
    05-18-11 04:11 AM
    it displays fine in the browser however the toolbar for the browser has separated letters.
    also there is no arabic keyboard on this expensive gadget. (at least not that i know of)
    07-07-11 10:39 AM
    fadel,
    you are right with word to go. if you import it from your pc, the characters will look funny. in pdf format it will look normal.
    in forums they will look ok until at certain instances lines are quoted.
    as for editing, there is no capability to type or edit unfortunately. rim has let arabic speaking customers down with this. they have a very healthy marketn share in the mid east but have not released arabic typing fonts or letters yet nor you can read word dox.
    07-07-11 11:08 AM
    just read on the main page that BB have added + 1 mill subsribers in the EMEA region...still slow with releasing things catered to this region...the other i postex that rim should focus on developing apps for regions...and guess what..nokia announced 2 days later that they are going to develop apps catered to regional/local tastes..thats their strategy to catch up with apple apps and google which is very smart...dont count nokia out yet...i wish rim would have a similar focus on developing apps..nokia said they were possitioning app developers in various regions for that...
    07-07-11 12:01 PM
    RIM added five new keyboards in the second last update, supporting different language fonts. The globe by the space bar shows the different keyboards. I know that before launching in a new country, the logical thing to do before launching, would be to add the font and keyboard support. I am sure RIM will not leave you hanging. I am waiting for a Japanese keyboard, but Japan may be one of the last countries RIM will launch in, as they have not made a very big attempt here to sell the brand. Hopefully you will have your language support on the very next OS update.
    07-07-11 02:18 PM
    RIM added five new keyboards in the second last update, supporting different language fonts. The globe by the space bar shows the different keyboards. I know that before launching in a new country, the logical thing to do before launching, would be to add the font and keyboard support. I am sure RIM will not leave you hanging. I am waiting for a Japanese keyboard, but Japan may be one of the last countries RIM will launch in, as they have not made a very big attempt here to sell the brand. Hopefully you will have your language support on the very next OS update.
    thanks
    i hope we get it soon too..the same for japanese so everyone can optimize the use of pbs...
    also we can hope one day that we see localized/regional apps..maybe thats a bit much to ask at this stage..rim can make billions more if they actually study the markets well...
    Schlymer likes this.
    07-08-11 12:10 AM
    how did u get Arabic on PB?
    07-28-11 08:31 AM
    Reads fine on mine too!
    hello, plz any help for the arabic fonts on the playbook? any solution?
    thanks
    12-19-11 05:14 AM
    titles show as seperate letter. annoying as ****. for the browser and for blackberry news
    12-19-11 06:51 AM
    Arabic is not supported in PlayBook while there is a full support for Arabic Language in other Blackberry smart-phones. This is because the JAVA language used to great the OS in Playbook is a higher version than the one used to create the OS6 and OS7 in Blackberry smart-phones. Also this is a clear example of rushing new OS in the market with out doing the prober adjustment... RIM tried to catch up Apple and Android but to get the new OS out they had to drop some stuff to save time.. Unfortunately Arabic users were unimportant to RIM so the Arabic language support didn't come out. I cant even use Facebook app to read Arabic content. And for all of you who are talking about blackberry bridge I would like to say it is a complete failure when you want to read Arabic content from your blackberry smart phone. More over the Playbook has front facing camera which I never used because I cant have Yahoo, Windows live or Skype messengers on the Playbook... in short buying a Play book like buying a BMW with out engine.
    11-21-12 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD