A few days ago I was downloading something on my playbook, and all went well. sometime that night, i went in to download another thing and got an error message. i dont recall what it was exactly, but the next thing i know, all my downloaded apps are gone from the list, and then the app i was trying to download is stuck at "downloading" with no movement. i even left it on all night to see if it was a problem with my wifi connection but everything works fine on my desktop and laptop and father's laptop so it cant be the wifi. anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be?

i wish i wasnt triggerhappy and got rid of the error message before i read it, heh, but i was hoping someone here would know what i could do to get my app world to work again..

thanks in advance!
    02-26-12 09:57 AM
    Did you tried to reboot your playbook and see if the issue goes away?
    02-26-12 09:59 AM
    ive tried rebooting it a few times, but still i get the same problem. i just tried a security wipe and during the installation process i had to login with my blackberry id and so far so good. lets see what happens. thanks for the advice
    02-26-12 10:12 AM
    We forget sometimes but Blackberry devotees should know (remember), when ever there's a issue or so called problem reboot first then try again. Sometimes it helps to clear history and cache too. When my Appworld did it trying to reinstall and install new games or apps I did get the spinning green circle. I just restarted Playbook and everything was ok.
    02-26-12 10:29 AM
    As suggested:

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    world saviour likes this.
    02-26-12 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD