I'm sorry if this is covered in another thread. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

For the last two weeks or more I've been getting an error whenever I try to buy apps from AppWorld. I like supporting Playbook developers and I buy lots of apps, but this error is keeping me from being able to do it now. It comes up after I authenticate, when I click the "Buy Now" button. It says:

Error: Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error: 579024)

I've googled around for that error code but haven't found much. Is anyone else seeing this? I was just wondering if anyone else knew a fix before I go trying to talk to someone at AppWorld or at PayPal..

Thanks!
    Tinyk likes this.
    09-18-11 09:22 AM
    I've been getting the same error, as well as another error when using a CC (sucks because there are a couple of apps i want to buy, including Dead Space which everyones been talking about).

A couple of other people reported both of these errors in the app forum. no known solution yet and people havent had luck contacting Appworld support...

with the CC i discovered that app world was waiting for my CC to authorize, but when i called my bank they said it was authorized but the vendor never confirmed the purchase. So it's definitely an issue with Appworld and not paypal/CC.

i'm hoping that with 2.0 we'll get a new Appworld, but that might be wishful thinking.
    09-18-11 12:23 PM
    i had a similar problem with PB and AppWorld since day one and I own the PB since April. Kept getting the 13000 error with my Visa. After getting my Bold 9900 and the recent update to AppWorld I decided to give it a try again but using my 9900 to refresh my Visa information since my BP is still not working! After saving my changes, went back to my PB, it started working. There is definite something wrong with the PB AppWord how it saves credit card info but I am not sure about Paypal being the same problem.
    09-18-11 12:27 PM
    Welcome to the club guys...

If RIM will award customer who are very patient, I would recommend myself... I've been waiting for a concrete solution for the past 6 months i.e. Error ID: 10000... and satisfy myself in youtube for watching guys playing dead space...

I'm glad that PlayBook has flash...
    firoz likes this.
    09-18-11 01:02 PM
    I'm sorry if this is covered in another thread. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

For the last two weeks or more I've been getting an error whenever I try to buy apps from AppWorld. I like supporting Playbook developers and I buy lots of apps, but this error is keeping me from being able to do it now. It comes up after I authenticate, when I click the "Buy Now" button. It says:

Error: Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error: 579024)

I've googled around for that error code but haven't found much. Is anyone else seeing this? I was just wondering if anyone else knew a fix before I go trying to talk to someone at AppWorld or at PayPal..

Thanks!
    Hello,
    I had the same error. When you buy in appworld with paypal, blackberry stablish a pre-approved payment in your paypal account. If you delete that (like me) in your paypal account you will recive the error next time you buy in appworld. To fix the error, just configure again the paypal account next time you buy in appworld, blackberry will stablish the pre-approved payment again and you will not get the error.
    This happen to me, I hope it helps you.
    Blackberry support did not help me, they just say me to use other credit card????.
    09-18-11 01:58 PM
    Hello,
    I had the same error. When you buy in appworld with paypal, blackberry stablish a pre-approved payment in your paypal account. If you delete that (like me) in your paypal account you will recive the error next time you buy in appworld. To fix the error, just configure again the paypal account next time you buy in appworld, blackberry will stablish the pre-approved payment again and you will not get the error.
    This happen to me, I hope it helps you.
    Blackberry support did not help me, they just say me to use other credit card????.
    I don't recall the error I got but I did not like the default MAXIMUM limit for purchasing from appworld and deleted it to try establishing a much lower limit. I, too, was locked out of appworld but, again, I don't recall the error message. I had to go back in and accept that high default amount to reestablish purchasing.
    09-18-11 02:33 PM
    SAME here! Okay i get the 9300 error. it was working fine for a while then all of a sudden after i emptied my paypal account and depended on using my CC through paypal as usual, decided to kick me out. tried deleting the plan and re adding in app world and crap but no use. added a few dollars in paypal credit and still same problem..
    09-18-11 08:14 PM
    Go to appworld on your phone, go to 'my world' , click bb button and choose 'pmt options' choose 'paypal' option, click next and log in to verify your account. My login info was wrong and once i changed it and logged in I was able to buy apps in appworld using paypal. This may also work for credit cards if you verify your credit card instead of Paypal.
    Hgouck, FrankInSF and barskin like this.
    11-21-11 12:00 AM
    I haven't had AppWorld phone problems, but I when I tried to buy two apps in AppWorld on my new PlayBook (OS 1.0.8.6067), I got "Problem encountered with PayPay authorization. Error: 579024"

I followed the instructions from CosmicHeretic on my phone in AppWorld 3.1.0.56, except that from its main menu, I clicked on My Account, not My World. Then Payment Options, log in to BB ID with its password, choose PayPal, then log in to PayPal with its password.

Now I can buy apps on my PlayBook.
    Hgouck likes this.
    12-20-11 02:47 PM
    The problem is not the PB. It is that Paypal needs to be setup to accept your payment.
    You can also access App World from your computer and change your payment options.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...t/2767?lang=en
    Sign in than go to payment options. I hope this helps
    Last edited by Hgouck; 12-20-11 at 04:20 PM.
    12-20-11 03:41 PM
    Went into the payment info in AppWorld on the phone, and the login e-mail was wrong, fixed it and the 579024 error stopped immediately.

That seems to be the fix.
    12-21-11 10:42 PM
    I had the error for the whole day on my PB. Just restarted after getting the error 50 times and it took my money without hesitating. Just restart, almost any problem on a BB can be fixed by a battery pull/reset.

The beauty of it!
    12-21-11 11:28 PM
    I have been having problems with appworld's payment plain using PayPal, I tied to purchase the predator call for $2.99 and when I went through Pay Pal the total charge was going to be $1500.00. I am at a loss and I didn't find any numbers to call for support.

Matt
    12-22-11 03:51 PM
    On the Playbook when I went to payment options in App World I found my password was missing... re-entered it and it re authorized... all is well now...
    05-01-12 08:35 PM
    i had the same error with payment via paypal, i found that my debit card was replaced the the back three digits changed.

what i did to resolve this was try and make the payment the usual way, toggle the method of payment and then sign back into paypay blackberry and all should be sorted.

as this updates paypay that you logged back in.
    06-18-12 02:51 PM
    Even I am not able to add my paypal account.....!!! it is gives me an error.
    I am using Black Berry Z10
    08-10-13 11:28 PM
    Even I am not able to add my paypal account.....!!! it is gives me an error.
    I am using Black Berry Z10
    I had to reauthorize my account just last week. I had changed the primary email address and forgot that I had done that. In the Playbook I had to swipe to get the Menu that has Payment Options. Then I had to log in with my BBID. That gave access to the payment options or accounts. There must be a similar way to get to those options on the Z10.

Make sure that your Paypal account info is current and correct. And does your country have any restrictions?
    08-11-13 08:28 AM
    Its a simple fix on the PlayBook. You need to re-authenticate your paypal account. you can do this from the PlayBook. Just swipe down from the top bezel to get the menu. Select "Payment Options". have PayPal selected in the pull down menu. Click the "Modify" link below. Then simply authenticate your ID and password.
    04-12-14 10:06 AM
    I had problem for several months. Only thing that works for me is to use a gift card visa or mastercard with PayPal. Basically a prepaid card. Has worked for over a year now. Got mine at TD Bank, had to go to their website and register it in order to use it on line. Not sure if all of them are like this.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:18 AM
    Stopped working today on a Z10.

Got a never-before-seen prompt "Paypal requires you to periodically authenticate". (or re-login, I forget the exact wording)

Entered credentials, got sent back to same page, tried again, same problem. BlackBerry World transaction would not complete.

I've purchased dozens of apps with no problem and no additional prompts whatsoever in the past. I have a feeling this has to do with the "Heartbleed" issue, but not sure if it's PayPal's issue or BlackBerry's.

My PayPal account is fine, been using it today, logged into the website and no notifications or anything.

UPDATE: Got an email from Paypal:

"You've signed up for preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion ."

Sounds like they reset all the BBW payment accounts???? This is what happens the first time you buy something on BBW via Paypal.

Tried purchasing the app again, got this:

AppWorld PayPal Authorization Error - HELP!!-img_00000282.png
    04-14-14 08:16 PM
    Just purchased scan to text and had no problems with PayPal

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:54 PM
    Just purchased scan to text and had no problems with PayPal
    Interesting. I will try a restart and see what happens.
    04-14-14 09:04 PM
    This solved my problem - Thanks for the post!
    07-21-14 01:48 PM
    How many times because i've done it about 10 times, I can't change the payment options unless I reboot so it's very cumbersome and frustrating............still getting the error message
    10-24-14 10:46 AM
    which did ????/
    10-24-14 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD