I downloaded Modern Combat 2 Black Pegasus when I purchased my playbook a year and a half ago. My son recently deleted it by accident. When I try to reinstall it it tells me the price has changed and wants me to pay an additional .99 cents.
    Has anyone seen anything like this? I thought once you own it you didn't need to pay to reinstall it. I think I may be missing something here.
    Thanks
    juacas likes this.
    04-23-13 07:52 PM
    I think it's because you bought it at a sales price, and now that the sale is over they're charging you the regular price. Other users (myself included) had issues with this with other apps on the PlayBook, primarily those offered for free from BBRY (Creavures is another that comes to mind). I don't think there's much of a work around if the original app is already deleted, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    04-23-13 07:58 PM
    If you have backed up your pb and particularly, apps, you could RESTORE and get the app back. Otherwise, as noted, when an app changes in price, you generally have to pay the new price or the difference. I think it may be a developer option.

The problem with both backup and restore is that they canNOT be selective - it's all or nothing.
    00stryder likes this.
    04-23-13 08:17 PM
    Good call! If the playbook was ever backed up its a quick easy fix.
    04-23-13 08:20 PM
    Yeah, great point with the backup! Don't know why I didn't think on that. If you do have a backup file available though, know that as F2 mentioned, it's all or nothing so any save files from other games (after the backup date) may be overwritten. I hope they make it more selective in the future, at least for third-party apps.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    04-23-13 09:46 PM