I was wondering which are the apps that you just could not be without on your playbook and why?
    11-25-12 06:43 AM
    Evernote: I use it for lists, to write blog posts and take notes.
    CB Forums: so I can reply to your forum thread
    11-25-12 07:18 AM
    Files & Folders app. I love how I can access all my cloud storage services from one app.

Box- I still use the box app to download my video files. It downloads my video files faster then it does in the files & folders app to me.
    Innovatology and DocDRM like this.
    11-25-12 09:57 AM
    For Cloud access I use either X-Plore or ES File Explorer. Both are faster than F & F and Box, can access multiple cloud services, plus there is no need to download videos since they can both stream directly from the cloud. The difference is taking 20 minutes or so to download a movie to watch with Box, or 15 seconds for the stream to start in X-Plore. For local file management, I use Ghost Commander.
    11-25-12 11:21 AM
    For Cloud access I use either X-Plore or ES File Explorer. Both are faster than F & F and Box, can access multiple cloud services, plus there is no need to download videos since they can both stream directly from the cloud. The difference is taking 20 minutes or so to download a movie to watch with Box, or 15 seconds for the stream to start in X-Plore. For local file management, I use Ghost Commander.
    Do You have to sideload x-plore? I been looking for a app that allows you to stream a video from the cloud.

Tapatalking
    11-25-12 11:26 AM
    Do You have to sideload x-plore? I been looking for a app that allows you to stream a video from the cloud.
    Both X-Plore and ES File Explorer need to be sideloaded. I like X-Plore better than ES only because it's a dual pane file explorer, like Ghost Commander, making file management a breeze. ES has one advantage, though, in that it can access Google Drive while X-Plore can't. They both can access Box, Dropbox, Skydrive, Sugarsync, and a few others.
    11-25-12 11:34 AM
    Ok I see. I will probably download the x-plore app just to stream my videos from it. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Tapatalking
    11-25-12 11:38 AM
    Netflix, Skype, Dictionary.com, Pandora, Flipboard and Kindle.

Of course these aren't available on the PlayBook but it is on my iPad.

On my PlayBook it is the Browser app....does more than any other crappy apps on app world (YouTube).
    11-25-12 09:17 PM

I'm sure the OP will find this response very helpfull.
    11-25-12 10:04 PM
    In alphabetical order:

Battery Guru
    Book Reader
    Diary Pro
    Files & Folders
    GateOne (in web browser)
    otgTeX
    PDF Reader
    Plain Text Editor
    Remote Desktop and Splashtop
    URLtoPDF
    11-25-12 10:28 PM

On my PlayBook it is the Browser app....does more than any other crappy apps on app world (YouTube).
    I DO have Kindle and Pandora on mine! (you just have to sideload them) And with one of my favorite apps Media Connect (and with my PlayOn subscription), I also get Netflix, Hulu, HBOgo, etc. I also love TabletTV.
    11-25-12 10:34 PM
    Car maintanence
    dropbox
    google maps
    gtalk
    chrome
    out of milk
    instagram
    tapatalk
    pocket
    11-25-12 10:38 PM
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned GeeReader. A must have for me.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    jonduran86, dee. and cduarte144 like this.
    11-25-12 11:01 PM
    The browser (I'd really like Chromium for the PB by the way, I've got a good set of extensions at the moment), Messages, Calendar - I mainly use it for games though.

If a device is cheap enough, and good enough quality, all it really needs is a good browser - everything else is secondary. (That's what FFOS is counting on).
    11-26-12 04:18 AM

Funny, I have these same exact ones on my PB, except of course the Skype. Sideloading is a wonder. Skype I'm not really missing either, what with the native video chat app.
    mikey444 likes this.
    11-26-12 04:28 AM
    Box, Evernote, nobex radio, wordpress and cbc news appear for me
    11-26-12 04:52 AM
    Dukto is one of my all time faves. Use it to move files to and from desktop, laptop and my 2 playbooks. And if I go visit my sisters, easy to transfer from my playbook to theirs.
    Wifi Explorer
    Browser
    Streaming Now
    Bubble Birds (I am an addict)
    Video Chat
    11-26-12 08:41 AM
    Browser and bridge
    11-27-12 03:07 AM
    e-mManuel+ bible app, Files and Folders a must, Nobex, Slacker, Conservative Radio (Scrid!), Blaq, What's Up, SimpleBrowser (Mozilla Firefox user agent). TabletTV, too.
    11-27-12 03:24 AM
    For use at night I always use the Antair Nightstand as an alarm clock and the Relaxbook series of apps to help send me to sleep.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-27-12 04:54 AM
    Book Reader - Facilitates my insatiable appetite for reading
    Splashtop and Box - I'm always travelling and it's hectic lugging my laptop around all the time. With Splashtop I'm able to control my computer wherever I am (providing that I have WiFi access), drag and drop my files to my Box folder and have them on my PB.
    11-27-12 06:53 AM
    No. 1 - KalemSoft Media Player (hands down winner! plays anything, bookmarks, streams, perfectly organized)
    No. 2 - Book Reader (love the way I can create customized collections 'cause I start/read several books at a time)
    No. 3 - Classic Words Plus (great substitute for Words With Friends when you can't wait for your friends to respond)
    No. 4 - 250+ Solitaire Collection (terrific time waster when you only have short snippets of time to waste)
    No. 5 - ES File Explorer (when I need to manage/delete/organize my files)
    11-27-12 10:11 AM
    And we have another original thinker who has gone out and downloaded all 30,000+ apps on App World for the PlayBook to determine that every last one of them is 'crappy'. How many bucks did that set you back? RIM, getting a 30% cut of apps sold, must love all you guys who determine that "all the apps on App World suck" because clearly you purchased and tried every last one of them ...

sw6lee and cman5 like this.
    11-27-12 10:15 AM
    bridge, cloud explorer for skydrive, national post, BB news, file browser
    11-28-12 06:39 PM
    • Browser
    • Book Reader
    • CompRemote
    • Box
    • Docs to Go
    • PDF Reader
    • Antair Nightstand
    • Antair Notes

Because they all help me be productive.....Maybe not Nightstand....it's just cool.
    11-28-12 07:18 PM
28 12