hi all, my apologies if this was asked before. can somebody recommends an apps to manage all the running apps. I am looking at something similar to 'advance task killer' of android.

thanks in advance.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-09-12 07:52 AM
    pb task manager and the current version is 3.0.16.Works on os 7.1 and previous!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 08:18 AM
    Try Google's GQueues. It is in the cloud but it can store offline data now on mobile devices to sync later if you don't have a wi-fi connection. You can access it via PC as well, and most mobile devices. It also integrates with Google Calendar.

Go to gqueues.com. You need a Google account. I bought the year's subscription for $20.

Edit: Wow, did I miss the boat on that reply.
    Last edited by Sergeant HCR; 07-10-12 at 12:02 PM.
    07-09-12 08:36 AM
    Advanced App Manager works pretty good and will work as a task killer too, free. I actually think it's the ported version of Task Killer. There are several in App World that I haven't checked out.
    07-09-12 10:58 AM
    Advanced App Manager works pretty good and will work as a task killer too, free. I actually think it's the ported version of Task Killer. There are several in App World that I haven't checked out.
    I second this opinion. I will also add that using the Blackberry Options button and closing out apps one by one isn't necessarily a nuisance. I'd use a combination of both.
    07-09-12 11:43 AM
    Wait we are talking about managing android apps on playbook, right?
    07-09-12 08:43 PM
    Yes, I hate those android apps freeze up every now and then

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    07-10-12 12:31 AM
    Yes, I hate those android apps freeze up every now and then

Try the OS 2.1 beta. Android apps run in their own separate windows and are generally more stable - enough so that I now use them as my primary apps for most functions.

RCK
    07-10-12 05:25 AM
    I found that when the android runtime player froze, you couldn't launch an android app killer because that app in it's self is android runtime so that froze as well
    07-10-12 07:22 AM
    I found that when the android runtime player froze, you couldn't launch an android app killer because that app in it's self is android runtime so that froze as well
    Not so in 2.1. You can run multiple android apps at the same time, so one frozen app will not prevent you from launching a task killer. Plus the android apps seem to run much more stable, so freezing is rarely an issue.
    07-10-12 08:37 AM
    in 2.1 I rarely (almost never) have android player crashing or hanging. Not even once I guess. But sometimes when you open too many Android apps, one of the apps tend to 'restart' itself.

For example after awhile reading comics in MangaWatcher and then I switch back to tweetcaster which was in background, I see the splash screen again as if it has been restarted. I think it is related to insufficient RAM allocated for android player or sort of.
    07-10-12 11:52 AM
    I tried to update to 2.1. Fill in the pin at the site, supossedly I should be getting a notification within an hour. Nothing after 12 hr. Any idea?

07-11-12 09:05 AM
    I tried to update to 2.1. Fill in the pin at the site, supossedly I should be getting a notification within an hour. Nothing after 12 hr. Any idea?

This has been happening to quite a number of people. I'm not sure if anyone has gotten it in the last few days. That has led to speculation that maybe the Beta is ending or nearing its end and the real version might be released - BUT it is speculation.

I guess someone could create a new thread asking if anyone has gotten the beta in the last 2 or 3 days??
    07-11-12 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD