I've been thinking about this for awhile now. No apps run in the background of the Playbook, like they do on current BlsckBerrys. For example, I use UberSocial for Twitter, it is always running in the background. How do you think this will work on Blackberry 10 with the gestures and having running apps be tabs on the screen? Will there be a hide away function to hide running apps?

What do you all think? I'm puzzled.
    12-11-11 03:22 PM
    Its possible, we know from kevin that facebook will have notifications integrated to the os, so maybe other devs might get access to the notification api aswell so you could close the app and still get notifications, if you want them to keep running just dont close them, if you want to hide them hit up arrow in the apps reel.
    12-11-11 08:31 PM
    ... No apps run in the background of the Playbook, like they do on current BlsckBerrys. ..... How do you think this will work on Blackberry 10 with the gestures and having running apps be tabs on the screen? Will there be a hide away function to hide running apps?
    Just Ask a Dev� :-)

There is currently no option for developers to make their apps run in the background, nor for users to request it.

RIM is considering use cases for this, and working on the feature, but it's not known whether it will be available in 2.0 or some time later.

Until then, all third-party apps will always have a visible UI when they are running, and they can't put part of themselves into a background mode which can alert you with a notification.
    12-11-11 09:05 PM
    Just Ask a Dev� :-)

There is currently no option for developers to make their apps run in the background, nor for users to request it.

RIM is considering use cases for this, and working on the feature, but it's not known whether it will be available in 2.0 or some time later.

Until then, all third-party apps will always have a visible UI when they are running, and they can't put part of themselves into a background mode which can alert you with a notification.
    The way i see it is that all apps run in the background, we just have the task manager always upfront you want to hide them just click the up arrow on the right of the tabs whats missing is the ability to get notifications when closed, Kevin mentioned that in his os 2 build you can register your facebook data in the settings menu, im guessing the purpose is for notifications, it would be clever for RIM to allow similar apps (twiter, msn, etc) to do so also.
    12-11-11 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD