I noticed that I only have roughly 300MB of memory free, but then I plugged in and backed up. Now it's ta 600MB free. Anyway to tell what's what? There's only a GB of memory so it would be good to know how to clear saved games, temp files, etc.
    06-19-11 08:26 PM
    your playbook has 16/32/64GB of flash storage. the 1GB you refer to (and only having 300mb free) is RAM. RAM is consumed only when programs are running. Closing apps will lead to more free memory. However, keep in mind that the playbook is a complex computing device which is running dozens of system programs in the background that you can't see (wi-fi drivers, etc.). Some of those programs may be inadvertently consuming more memory as time goes on (this is called a resource leak). Rebooting will reset any of those resource leaks.

I suspect that as part of your backup, your device was rebooted, and this is why you now see more free memory.

The recent upgrade to 1.0.5.x seems to have resolved many of these resource leaks, and most people report they are seeing more free memory after a reboot.
    mscooley and JoshSimple like this.
    06-20-11 11:57 AM
    Thanks. You must be an instructor/teacher? LOL. You broke it down beyond my question which is a good thing in case a newbie comes across this thread. Nevertheless, thanx bunches.
    06-20-11 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD