Right, I'm going to sum up the thoughts of most people on this site: BlackBerry sucks.

*puts suit on that can protect the user from 1 millimetre away from the sun*

And for the record, I'm a happy BlackBerry user. Polished turd or not, it works for me, and draws into the comfort factor of the OS. I built my setup around BlackBerry. Some of that setup which cost money won't transfer into a new setup. So I have to pay again for alternatives. No thanks, I'll keep using my "outdated piece of **** device" that I find a pleasure to use...
    04-22-11 01:30 PM
    My bad. Micro, Multi, Mycro, Meter ... all the same
    04-22-11 05:13 PM
    Comparing a PB and an iPad is like trying to ask a newborn do what a 2 year old kid should be able to do.

It just doesn't make sense. But, for a newborn, the PB sure beats the iPad when it was a newborn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 05:28 PM
    Actually there is, depending on the file type. For example PDF attachments can be opened and saved in iBooks. A tablet like the iPad is an excellent way to review PDF documents.

However, there is no general purpose file manager.
    Wow, that is a totally brain-dead, non-starter for any type of corporate/business use.... Really - no way to build a directory structure to organize files by type/customer/subject matter/user etc.? I find that hard to believe.

Isn't there an app for that??
    04-22-11 06:27 PM
    Comparing a PB and an iPad is like trying to ask a newborn do what a 2 year old kid should be able to do.

It just doesn't make sense. But, for a newborn, the PB sure beats the iPad when it was a newborn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You sound like a Palm Pre owner. I don't agree that a PB beats the first gen iPad but even if it did that wouldn't matter. Apple now sells the iPad 2
    04-22-11 06:53 PM
    Wow, that is a totally brain-dead, non-starter for any type of corporate/business use.... Really - no way to build a directory structure to organize files by type/customer/subject matter/user etc.? I find that hard to believe.

Isn't there an app for that??
    iBooks has a way to organize documents into folders.

I find it hard to believe that RIM released a tablet with no native email support.
    04-22-11 06:55 PM
    You sound like a Palm Pre owner. I don't agree that a PB beats the first gen iPad but even if it did that wouldn't matter. Apple now sells the iPad 2
    Apple still doesn't support Flash

Apple still doesn't have a higher res screen.

Apple still doesn't have an easier-to-tote 7" model.

Apple still has Herr Jobs in charge of everything-Apple ( and I don't see that as a good thing). A great marketer, maybe, but he isn't really good for consumers due to his disdain of Blu-ray, Flash and due to his iron-fisted control of the App Store.
    04-22-11 07:16 PM

Apple still has Herr Jobs in charge of everything-Apple ( and I don't see that as a good thing). A great marketer, maybe, but he isn't really good for consumers due to his disdain of Blu-ray, Flash and due to his iron-fisted control of the App Store.
    The iPad has a higher resolution screen than the Playbook. Flash support is the PB's only advantage IMHO.
    04-22-11 07:23 PM
    The iPad has a higher resolution screen than the Playbook. Flash support is the PB's only advantage IMHO.
    Pixel density is less on the iPad. Next??

ipad = 1024 x 768 in a 9.7" screen

PB = 1024 x 600 in a 7" screen

guess which one has tighter pixels, my friend.

from know your mobile: " One complaint with the iPad is that it's not the most mobile device out there. It's still too large to fit in a pocket, even if that 9.7-inch screen gives more space for browsing and writing.

The BlackBerry PlayBook is much more pocketable at 7-inches, and at a resolution of 1024x600 pixels versus the iPad's 1024x768 pixel resolution, the PlayBook's screen features a higher DPI (dots-per-inch) ratio, making it clearer."
    Last edited by dave1812; 04-22-11 at 07:27 PM.
    04-22-11 07:24 PM

[/I]
    You argued that the PB had a higher resolution screen. You said nothing about pixel density.
    04-22-11 08:05 PM

Blackberries still doesn't have a high res screen

My torch still delivers truncated emails

The playbook still doesn't have native email, calendar, notes etc...etc...I'd take apple's app store over the garbage app world any day.
    04-22-11 08:28 PM

from know your mobile: " One complaint with the iPad is that it's not the most mobile device out there. It's still too large to fit in a pocket, even if that 9.7-inch screen gives more space for browsing and writing.

The BlackBerry PlayBook is much more pocketable at 7-inches, and at a resolution of 1024x600 pixels versus the iPad's 1024x768 pixel resolution, the PlayBook's screen features a higher DPI (dots-per-inch) ratio, making it clearer."

My one big concern with the iPad 2 was the screen resolution... It is lacking. But it is beautiful. You gotta look beyond the pixels...
    04-22-11 08:44 PM

The playbook still doesn't have native email, calendar, notes etc...etc...I'd take apple's app store over the garbage app world any day.
    The lack of a native email, calendar, etc. Is a huge mistake.

It's almost like RIM really didn't want to sell PBs to non Blackberry owners like me.
    04-22-11 08:45 PM
    The lack of a native email, calendar, etc. Is a huge mistake.

It's almost like RIM really didn't want to sell PBs to non Blackberry owners like me.
    Exactly....The playbook was rushed to the market, It launched with crappy apps, plus no native Important clients equals doa IMO....If I was in the market for a pb, ipad2, or any android tablet, I see no reason to go pb, with the way the device is right now.
    04-22-11 08:52 PM

I have to agree with you! My POS S2 also gets truncated emails. The screen isn't high res (but it sure as **** is BRIGHT).
    04-22-11 08:59 PM
    My one big concern with the iPad 2 was the screen resolution... It is lacking. But it is beautiful. You gotta look beyond the pixels...
    I've seen the ipads numerous times. including last week. I can SEE the pixels and I don't like that. heck, I can see the pixels on my 25.5" monitor that I'm using right now. It's running 1920 x 1080 and it's very annoying that I can see the pixels from where I normally sit. I can't see pixels on my Touch--that resolution is astounding and has spoiled me!! (Dang you, Jobs, LOL! )
    04-22-11 09:01 PM
    I have to agree with you! My POS S2 also gets truncated emails. The screen isn't high res (but it sure as **** is BRIGHT).
    Def missed that about the S2, also the speaker on that device blows any phone out the water. The constant click, click, click drove me nuts, though. Lol
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 04-22-11 at 09:08 PM.
    04-22-11 09:02 PM
    I get emails on 2 devices already and I have a playbook AND... wait for it...

NO SMART PHONE AT ALL!!

lol so they got me hooked on their brand. To marty and adgrant..
    I have an iTouch and I hate it because its so limited. Its good for music and some basic stuff like playing doodle jump. The playbook destroys it in:
    -videos
    -pictures
    -screen quality
    -file management (and no ibooks does not have folders it has a books and pdf section)
    -flash (pwnt)
    -multitasking
    -screen brightness
    -no need to plug in to a computer ever.... i never have at least

Not to mention I have had to restore my touch before but my playbook has had no problems so far.

-Posted from my playbook

EDIT: all above reasons apply for the ipad.... they're the same device more or less....
    04-22-11 09:04 PM
    Def missed that about the S2, also the speaker on that device was blows any phone out the water. The constant click, click, click drove me nuts, though. Lol
    I've gotten used to the click, actually. I was worried about if for my wife though, because she sometimes uses it while working in surgery. Seems that so many of the anesthesiologists are on their BB's so much that her clicking doesn't bother anyone, after all.
    04-22-11 09:05 PM

NO SMART PHONE AT ALL!!

I have an iTouch and I hate it because its so limited. Its good for music and some basic stuff like playing doodle jump. The playbook destroys it in:
    -videos
    -pictures
    -screen quality
    -file management (and no ibooks does not have folders it has a books and pdf section)
    -flash (pwnt)
    -multitasking
    -screen brightness

Not to mention I have had to restore my touch before but my playbook has had no problems so far.

-Posted from my playbook

EDIT: all above reasons apply for the ipad.... they're the same device more or less....
    Hey, I know you love your stuff, and I'm no apple fan, but I must say my Touch is used EVERY DAY. I've got Netflix on there which is just too cool for words, and I use it to watch ripped movies while flying cross country. I use my touch for all sorts of features--too many to list.
    04-22-11 09:07 PM
    Exactly....The playbook was rushed to the market, It launched with crappy apps, plus no native Important clients equals doa IMO....If I was in the market for a pb, ipad2, or any android tablet, I see no reason to go pb, with the way the device is right now.
    Didn't seem to be a showstopper. Since I'm in the market, I'm going to end up with a pb. ipad or android just don't interest me.
    04-22-11 09:10 PM
    Hey, I know you love your stuff, and I'm no apple fan, but I must say my Touch is used EVERY DAY. I've got Netflix on there which is just too cool for words, and I use it to watch ripped movies while flying cross country. I use my touch for all sorts of features--too many to list.
    Hehe but you don't have your playbook yet. I used to have to charge my touch twice a day to keep up with my use. Now... once every 2 days

EDIT: Once you escape from Jobs you wont want to go back o.O
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 04-22-11 at 09:16 PM.
    04-22-11 09:14 PM
    Didn't seem to be a showstopper. Since I'm in the market, I'm going to end up with a pb. ipad or android just don't interest me.
    That's understandable. I meant me as a consumer, those are some of the things I would consider before making a purchase...I want the playbook to succeed, just can't see me waiting months for native clients and great apps...R.I.m burned me with the storm series, can't let that happen again...
    04-22-11 09:22 PM

NO SMART PHONE AT ALL!!

-videos
    -pictures
    -screen quality
    -flash (pwnt)
    -multitasking
    -screen brightness

-Posted from my playbook

iBooks supports multiple user defined categories. That's the same thing as folders.

Multi-tasking would be great if there were apps to multi-task.

As for photos and video, iPad looks fine to me but I primarily use it for email, web, News apps and iBooks.

If you don't have a BB, you won't be getting email or a calendar on your PB except via a web browser.
    04-22-11 10:10 PM
124 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD