Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By cr500taco
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question app world unable to connect to playbook

I have been trying to connect my Playbook to App World on my PC and every time I do it says "Unable To Connect Your Device. You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password", even though I have entered my password, correctly. I rebooted my Playbook and it didn't fix it. I even unplugged my PB and turned off the password protection, reloaded the App World page and it still asked me for the password. I connected my phone to my computer and App World worked fine. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Connect to app world via wifi, not through your PC.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: app world unable to connect to playbook

Yeah, I don't follow. Why do you need pc connection to access appworld on a blackberry device? Appworld is on device already.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Also I don't know if you have tried but if you hahaven't I'll save you some time. If you try to use app world on your playbook thru the connection on you BlackBerry, ie 3G, it will not work. Again you will need to be on wifi. I also think facebook does too am I correct? If your BlackBerry is on wifi then its ok. But the gsm and cdma connections are not.

Quote Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
    I have been trying to connect my Playbook to App World on my PC and every time I do it says "Unable To Connect Your Device. You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password", even though I have entered my password, correctly. I rebooted my Playbook and it didn't fix it. I even unplugged my PB and turned off the password protection, reloaded the App World page and it still asked me for the password. I connected my phone to my computer and App World worked fine. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    There is no fix.

The browser plugin was never meant to be used with the PlayBook. All downloads must be done using the App World application within the tablet. Hook it to WiFi and download away.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Thanked by:
    cr500taco (11-29-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Thermo-nuclear war in 3-2-1... ?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    There is no fix.

The browser plugin was never meant to be used with the PlayBook. All downloads must be done using the App World application within the tablet. Hook it to WiFi and download away.
    Thanks, did not know that.

Thanks, did not know that.
    And neither did I, way back when I tried to to the same thing. Welcome to the forums.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Oh and thanks for not treating me like a dumbass, like a couple of the other posters.
    Thanked by:
    adadadad (11-29-2012) 
    diegonei and adadadad like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh and thanks for not treating me like a dumbass, like a couple of the other posters.
    Pay no attention to them. there are a few of them over here. And welcome to the forum..
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm really sorry you felt like a dumbass. But, would one of you guys explain the advantage of hooking up to your computer to access appworld? And if enough people prefer it, why would rim not support the function? I have never found the need to connect to my pc to check appworld. Hence why I did not follow.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_berry View Post
    I'm really sorry you felt like a dumbass. But, would one of you guys explain the advantage of hooking up to your computer to access appworld? And if enough people prefer it, why would rim not support the function? I have never found the need to connect to my pc to check appworld. Hence why I did not follow.
    Simple----It will be useful for those, who doesn't have a wifi connection. They can access appworld that way. I presume, he was trying to do exactly that....
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by adadadad View Post
    Simple----It will be useful for those, who doesn't have a wifi connection. They can access appworld that way. I presume, he was trying to do exactly that....
    Thanks, I can see how it would be useful then if you don't use a wireless router. I guess you would be goin to your nearest coffee shop to get some apps then since you can't use anything but wifi.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_berry View Post
    Didn't feel like a dumbass.... actually, I do have wifi, but I find it easier to browse for apps and then download them from app world on my PC, while I am browsing the web for other things, browsing for apps seems to be a little easier on my PC than on my PB. RIM supports the function for their smartphones....I do it with my 9850, quite a bit.
    Last edited by cr500taco; 11-30-2012 at 06:05 PM.