- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
app world and books
ok so here's my problem
i just bought a brand new playbook
i went into the app world to download some apps and it keeps saying i have a connection problem
but i don't,,, i'm fully connected to my wifi so i'm lost on what to do about that
also i have a bunch of books on my computer, cuz i used to have an Ipad, and i can't figure out how to get them onto my playbook so i can read them
apparently the kindle app doesn't exsist on the playbook?
i'm so fustrated i need help and i can't seem to find help anywhere
- 12-04-2012, 12:31 AM #2
You've created a BBID. Have you associated either a paypal or credit card with that ID for app world?
Are you sure you are connected to wifi. I don't know if you have a bb phone but the Bridge does not work for appworld, it must be wifi. Have you tried another wifi connection?
And, one more thing - occasionally appworld does have issues so try again in the morning.
There is NO kindle app directly for the pb. But you can download an android version and sideload it on the pb. Then you'd have to deal or not with drm if the books are encoded for itunes or other drm aspects. There are also other book reader apps and if you strip drm from the books (Calibre comes to mind) you can load books.
Kindle can be found: Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android APP Store - Playbook App Market
They also have info on sideloading or come back if interested. Check out the Android subforum in the app subforum here on CB.
- By Mgrace74 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 14Last Post: 05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
- By dapro911 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
- By dapro911 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
- By caneshockey1433 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 38Last Post: 04-01-2009, 06:48 AM
- By adognamedpiles in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:51 PM