So I wiped my PlayBook to try and fix an email problem, and once restored I figured maybe this time I'd organize my apps into folders. I didn't do anything particularly odd, but at one point something went wrong while dragging things around, and I ended up with icons on top of one another in one space, and a blank spot in the grid. No amount of dragging or deleting would seperate the icons, I'd always end up with two stacked icons and one blank spot (see pic with Clock and Videos stacked).

Curiously, I was also missing the Pictures folder after this. They existed, as I could get to them from the Camera app, but there was no visible folder in the app grids.

Restarting didn't fix. I eventually used the DTM as Kevin posted long ago to restore the OS, which also restored the default wallpapers (a wipe apparently loses them).

Not that BB probably cares if they're swapping to BB10 soon anyway, but just sayin'
    Attached Thumbnails App grid bug while creating folders-img_00000004.jpg  
    03-13-13 09:19 AM
    Weird. I'd try a three finger reboot just for fun. I seem to recall something similar happened to my PB but a restart fixed it.
    03-13-13 09:43 AM
    Weird. I'd try a three finger reboot just for fun. I seem to recall something similar happened to my PB but a restart fixed it.
    Thanks, probably should have tried that too I shall if it happens again. I did power it off entirely and restart though (didn't fix it).

It's funny, somehow these little oddities give it "character" for me, lol. The OS is somewhat unpolished, I can't sort or edit bookmarks, the javascript handling is atrocious... but still I love my little PlayBook
    03-13-13 10:52 AM
    Diamonds always come from the ground unpolished. Love this little guy though. He's tough and resilient and continually evolving.
    03-13-13 11:15 AM