Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AOL Mail Not Filed -- BlackBerry Tech Support Unable to Solve

Bought my PlayBook a couple of weeks ago. Loved it until I discovered a few days ago my AOL Mail was never filed into the right folder by PlayBook. (When I logged onto AOL Mail using my laptop, I discovered that none of the mail I had filed using the PlayBook was where it was supposed to be and in fact had DISAPPEARED.) I had to work around the problem by refiling the mail back into the "Inbox" on the PlayBook and then file them into the right folders using my laptop while logged onto AOL Mail. But there is data loss as the original date and timestamp on each refiled mail is eliminated and replaced by the date/timestamp as of the date I refiled it.

Called Tech Support. Great guy. Datawiped the device. Re-downloaded the latest OS. Same problem. He said the PB would have to be replaced.

I don't want to replace it by courier or take it back to the store to get a new one. Too much trouble for now. And store is out of stock.

Has anyone had the same problem? How did you solve it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Are the folders that you moved the messages to set to sync? You can tell if they are if the folder icons show two arrows pointing in a circle inside the icons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AOL Mail Not Filed -- BlackBerry Tech Support Unable to Solve-img_00000165.jpg  
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Are the folders that you moved the messages to set to sync? You can tell if they are if the folder icons show two arrows pointing in a circle inside the icons.
    Hi,

No, they are not. How do I do that?
    CrackBerry Genius

Tap on the folder, then there will be a folder icon at the bottom of the screen with the arrows in it. Tap the icon, and it will set the folder to sync.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hi,

When I tap the folder, any folder, nothing appears. No icon appears at the bottom of the screen.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Never mind -- I figured it out. It's syncing thousands of messsages right now.

Thank you, Pacoman03. You did what BB Tech Support was unable to do.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Unfortunately, I discovered that there remains a problem -- when I file the emails, each original date/timestamp is eliminated and replaced by the date/timestamp reflecting when I filed it. This only happens when I use PB to file the email, never when I use AOL.com or any other device.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hi everyone -- any help available on the date/timestamp issue?
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm seeing some strange behavior trying to reconstruct what you did. But first, two questions. First, are the incorrect dates/times showing up on your Playbook' Messages app or when you access AOL through their website, or both? Second, there are two ways to transfer emails from one folder to another when using Messages- what method are you using?